Old 28-12-2003, 03:06 AM
TKL

Default Tank water at PH 7.8 need help!

Dear all,

My tank water was tested PH 7.8.
Any effective method to reduce value other than using PH down solution.
I tried changing 20% water each day, not much helps.

Thanks
Teo
Singapore

Old 28-12-2003, 03:13 AM
Rick

"TKL" wrote in message
Dear all,

My tank water was tested PH 7.8.
Any effective method to reduce value other than using PH down solution.
I tried changing 20% water each day, not much helps.

Thanks
Teo
Singapore

assuming you need to reduce the PH for the type of fish your keeping then
you can mix the tap water with R/O water or you can filter your tap water
through peat moss. I would not recommend using chemical to alter the Ph as
this is a temporary solution only.

Rick

Old 28-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Toni

"TKL" wrote in message
Dear all,

My tank water was tested PH 7.8.
Any effective method to reduce value other than using PH down solution.
I tried changing 20% water each day, not much helps.

A steady consistent 7.8 is preferable to bouncing it all around trying to
change it.
Most all fish can acclimate to a pH in this range- I wouldn't fight it.
If you must have a lower pH then reverse osmosis is the answer.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/discus.htm

Old 29-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:02:25 +0800, "TKL"
wrote:

Dear all,

My tank water was tested PH 7.8.
Any effective method to reduce value other than using PH down solution.
I tried changing 20% water each day, not much helps.

Why is 7.8 a problem? It's perfectly acceptable for almost all
species of fish.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua