Old 07-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Greg G.

Default What I Did This Morning

Rick said:

gold fish will eat it but we don't normally keep goldfish in with our
tropicals. My Mbuans's love it but I have to give them duckweed from my
planted tanks. I remove it using a small measuring cup and fish net. Works
well, simply slowly immerse the cup and the flow of water going into the cup
pulls the duckweed in with it. Dump it in the net and continue on.

I don't keep goldfish in with my tropicals either, but the idea was
that maybe you could try tossing a cheap one in there for the purposes
of cleaning out the duckweed. g

Greg G.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Carlos

http://www.plantedtank.net/forum/vie...8c1f2 536b35e

go here, my $1.99 duckweed eliminator subject. maybe you can build one.

take care

Old 08-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Rick

Greg G. wrote in message
Rick said:

gold fish will eat it but we don't normally keep goldfish in with our
tropicals. My Mbuans's love it but I have to give them duckweed from my
planted tanks. I remove it using a small measuring cup and fish net.

Works
well, simply slowly immerse the cup and the flow of water going into the

cup
pulls the duckweed in with it. Dump it in the net and continue on.

I don't keep goldfish in with my tropicals either, but the idea was
that maybe you could try tossing a cheap one in there for the purposes
of cleaning out the duckweed. g

Greg G.

and that would spell the end of his Guppy fry!!!

Rick

Old 08-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Greg G.

Rick said:

I don't keep goldfish in with my tropicals either, but the idea was
that maybe you could try tossing a cheap one in there for the purposes
of cleaning out the duckweed. g

Greg G.

and that would spell the end of his Guppy fry!!!

Rick

That it would!

Greg G.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:02 PM
N. Wise

I don't keep goldfish in with my tropicals either, but the idea was
that maybe you could try tossing a cheap one in there for the purposes
of cleaning out the duckweed. g

Greg G.

and that would spell the end of his Guppy fry!!!

Rick

That it would!

Don't worry, there will always be more. LOTS MORE!!!!!

N. Wise
http://members.aol.com/nwwise01/

Old 11-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Robert Flory

I've seen post describing plecos swimming upside down and sucking flake off
the surface.

bob
"Dunter Powries" wrote in message
It just occurred to me to ask... The only tanks I have duckweed in are
tanks I do not have pl*cos in. I've never seen pl*cos eating duckweed

and,
frankly, have a hard time visualizing how they would physically position
themselves in order to do so. Does anyone have any direct eyeball-type
evidence of pl*cos eating duckweed?

Carlos wrote in message
theres somewhere in this news group someone who invented a gadget to

kill
duckweed or dispose of it as fast as possible, you can try finding it,
maybe subject is duckweed, i remember somewhere reading about it.

take care.

"Dunter Powries" wrote in message
I spent two hours picking duckweed out of a 30" x 12" x 3" mat of

Riccia
with tweezers and a jewelers loupe while my four-year old ran around

my
legs
tunelessly screaming Christmas songs and my two-year old repeatedly
attempted to immerse himself in the rinse bucket. I HATE duckweed...

and,
at this point, nearly everything else.