Old 30-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Maqua

Default Tired of the LFS sellection...

Hey people!

Can anyone recommend good online ordering for plants IN CANADA? I
know of one web sight, ottawa aquatics, and they seem to have a good
sellection, but I'd like to check out all my options before diving
into planting the new tank.

Cheers!

Pete in Saskatchewan
Where the weather is cold, but the aquarium's always warm.
Old 31-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Rick

"Maqua" wrote in message
m...
Hey people!

Can anyone recommend good online ordering for plants IN CANADA? I
know of one web sight, ottawa aquatics, and they seem to have a good
sellection, but I'd like to check out all my options before diving
into planting the new tank.

Cheers!

Pete in Saskatchewan
Where the weather is cold, but the aquarium's always warm.

Ottawa Aquatics is the only Commercial site that I know of in Canada. I was
checking out their site today and almost fell off my chair at their prices,
I mean, $30+ for an anubias plant....get serious. $19.00 for a Java Fern.
These prices are 3-4 times what I recall them been a couple of months ago at
the same site so I'm not sure what is going on there. Best place to get your
plants...join your local Aquarium Society if you have one in your area. I'm
in Winnipeg and there are always loads of plants available at the auctions
each month. Local LFS sell Tropica plants , potted for about $9.00 but
usually have bunch plants at half that price.

Rick

Old 31-01-2004, 04:05 AM
SRC

Hey Pete,

How close to Saskatoon are you? There looks to be good group here -- check
out the classified section at the bottom of the page.

Steve

Old 31-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Maqua

"SRC" wrote in message ...
Hey Pete,

How close to Saskatoon are you? There looks to be good group here -- check
out the classified section at the bottom of the page.

Steve

Heya Steve!

I'm in Regina, but will be coming up to Saskatoon in a couple of weeks
for a show...I know Regina's aquarium society has got a regular
auction/etc thing so I'll check it out.

Thanks!

pete
Old 31-01-2004, 11:02 PM
SRC

"Maqua" wrote in message
m...
I'm in Regina, but will be coming up to Saskatoon in a couple of weeks
for a show...I know Regina's aquarium society has got a regular
auction/etc thing so I'll check it out.

You just missed S'toon's auction last Sunday. There was a good turn out and
lots of fish and plants. I was impressed. The club meetings might be worth a
visit too -- at least in better weather (last Sunday of each month)

Steve