Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Dunter Powries

Default Planted tank help - Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System (Hagen) ??

Maqua wrote in message
m...
Ok, here's what I've noticed after doing a do it yourself co2 injector
set up.

You, my friend, have been engaged in some kind of intensive
wheel-reinvention.

Memo: Check krib FIRST.

The essentials: Use a juice bottle - they are less likely to collapse (or
tip over!) than a soda bottle. Do not use very hot water as it will weaken
the plastic bottle as well as killing the yeast. You only need a pinch of
yeast - maybe an 1/8 tsp - it is a living organism and will multiply
(provided you haven't killed it with hot water). I find that 1/8 tsp yeast
to 1.5 cups of sugar will last from one weekly water change to the next.

Still, nothing like learning the empirical way, eh?

kush