Old 30-01-2005, 10:49 AM
mary

Default DRIFTWOOD

HI

Anyone knoy how to treat driftwood for fresh water tanks.

Cheers

Please email

NO SPAM PLEASE
Old 30-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Ozdude

"mary" wrote in message
om...
HI

Anyone knoy how to treat driftwood for fresh water tanks.

Try he

http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/doc...ing/wood.shtml

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith

Old 30-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Bam Cond

I've used soda before, but I thought that calcium carbonate was used more as
a buffer than as a quick fix.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Fuzzy

I soak mine in a mixture of bleach, and water for 24 hrs, then put it
through several freshwater 24hr soakings spaced out byshort drying
periods. When placing it in the tank, you might still have to weight it
down, a baggy filled with tankgravel ect, attached with a plastic tie
wrap works well.