Old 02-04-2005, 09:27 PM
dfreas

Default Help with plant identification

Ok, I have no pictures so this may be a challenge but I'll describe it
as well as I can and hope someone can point me in the right direction
at least.

Bought at an LFS yesterday under the name of Golden something or other,
can't remember the name but I believe it started with an L, possibly a
double L (this could be wrong so don't base to much on the letter).

Root structure is non-existant. I don't know if this is because it was
from a recent cutting or what but there are no roots. Sold as a small
clump held together with a lead weight at the bottom.

Is currently about 8 inches tall and seems to grow up more than out.

Stemmed plant with opposing leaf pairs. There is about one inch of stem
between each leaf pair.

Leaves are about one inch in diameter and have a rounded heart shape -
almost circular but comming in just a bit at the base of the leaf
connected to the stem to give a hint of heart shape to the leaf.

Color is a light yellow-green (hence the name I presume), seems to be
very bright and healthy.

Some of the leaf pairs have secondary leaf pairs coming from the base
of each leaf in the pair (boy that's a run on, let me try again...). If
you look at a single leaf pair sometimes the stem of both leaves in the
pair will also have leaf pairs extending from them (not sure if that's
clearer but the end result is a total of six leaves - the two originals
and then two more on each of those two equals 6).

This is a very pretty plant and I hope it will do well in my tank but I
would like to find out more about it. Please give me suggestions as to
what it might be!

-Daniel

Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 AM

-
[...]

Could be Gold Lloydiella, better known as Lysimachia aurea

http://www.aquabotanic.com/abstore/media/GoldLloyd.jpg

Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 PM
dfreas

That's it! Nice call.