Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 AM
SRB

Default CO2/airstone?

Have just acquired a CO2 system for 20 gal. (Us) freshwater tank.

Have been running small airstone in this tank. Do I turn off airstone when
I activate the CO2?

Thanks,

SRB

Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Elaine T

SRB wrote:
Have just acquired a CO2 system for 20 gal. (Us) freshwater tank.

Have been running small airstone in this tank. Do I turn off airstone when
I activate the CO2?

Thanks,

SRB

Yep. And minimize surface agitation from the filter.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Elaine T

SRB wrote:
Thanks, Elaine. Making adjustments now.

SRB

Forgot to mention - watch your fish after lights out. Sometimes they
need some aeration when the plants stop giving off oxygen. It depends
on CO2 levels, stocking levels, surface agitation, etc. I've never had
to aerate a CO2 tank at night myself, but I don't usually remove all of
the surface movement either.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old 05-04-2005, 04:24 AM
SRB

It appears to be impossible to stop all surface agitation -- have Penguin
150 w/ biowheel and only an intake lever on the uptake to control flow.
Closing the lever doesn't slow things down much. We'll see how this goes!

srb

Old 06-04-2005, 03:17 AM
Elaine T

SRB wrote:
It appears to be impossible to stop all surface agitation -- have Penguin
150 w/ biowheel and only an intake lever on the uptake to control flow.
Closing the lever doesn't slow things down much. We'll see how this goes!

srb

You may not have as high a level of CO2 as otherwise, but I'm sure
you'll have a decent increase and lots of good growth!

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__