Old 23-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Troy Bruder

Default pH and dKH?

Hello,

In a general planted tank with community fish, what's the recommended values
for pH and dKH?? I've been trying to keep my values around 7.2 for pH and
roughly 4-5 for dKH... Is that within reason?

Troy

Old 23-05-2005, 02:07 PM
jet

Are you using CO2? Are you using anything else to adjust the pH? The
levels you have are fine for most fish. If you are not using pH
adjusters then you are running about 8.5 ppm CO2, which may be low
depending on how heavily planted the tank is and how much light you are
using.

Old 23-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Shagster

Actually, I AM using pressurized CO2... I have some drift wood that's keep
my pH LOW, so I use Alkaline Buffer from SeaChem to "up" the pH.. (It's
plant-safe).

Troy

ups.com...