Old 14-04-2007, 02:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default New Camera - Flower-DSC00018.JPG

My dSLR kit is getting massive. With tripod and a pile of lenses and
other bits, I literally have to wheel it around in a small cart. For
some time I have been thinking about buying a shirt-pocket camera that
I could always keep at-hand for those great shots and special lighting
that always happen when you are not on a formal photographic
expedition with your sherpa (fortunately, I'm married to mine).

With the spring-season camera announcements (many makers announce new
models in Feb-Mar and again in Aug-Sept) I was impressed with the
sound of the new Sony T-100. Early user reports were positive too, and
so I went-for-it.

My criteria were;
1) Pocket sized.
2) Good quality images
3) Better than 3x optical zoom (~100mm eq. is OK for portraits,
but I wanted something that could pull in landscapes and close-ups)
4) Image stabilization (I love it in my dSLR)

Although not the smallest body on the planet, this Sony has all of the
above. It is also has plenty of compromises to achieve this
shirt-pocket size, of course, and I am not abandoning my dSLR kit, but
here is a first sample of its output from this morning.

JD
Sony DSC T-100 Pocket-camera
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Thumbnails
New Camera - Flower-DSC00018.JPG-flower-dsc00018.jpg
Old 14-04-2007, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote in message
[...]

Gorgeous, John. It looks like you made an excellent choice.
Congrats on the new camera!

--
Michelle

Old 14-04-2007, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Sweet and the camera does a nice job too!

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

BetsyB

Old 14-04-2007, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very impressive results.

--
I really hate to eat on an empty stomach.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***

Old 14-04-2007, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I have the Sony H2 and it is a great camera, though not pocket size. Takes
outstanding photos. Your shot shows both the good and bad of a small sensor
digital. Nice performance, good sharpness, but it is so hard to get good
close-ups because:
1. They focus closest at their widest angle so your background includes
lots of stuff
2. They have such a large depth of field that it is hard to isolate your
subject using selective focus, a technique I love.
That said, I use my H2 more than my film Leica lately.

Aram

Old 14-04-2007, 03:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I won't say a convert, but a user. If it looks good on my digital I do take
out the film camera. And for close-ups, I shoot film only for the reasons I
stated. Of course, if I had a dSLR it might be a different story. I am
waiting to see what Leica comes up with in the next few years. The are
working on an R10, or so I am told. I do love my lenses.....

Aram

. ..

Old 14-04-2007, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Having lost all of my cameras to Katrina, I settled upon a Nikon digital
system based upon the D200. I'm still thinking that it might be nice to
have a film body, that would accept my new Nikon lenses (except, of course,
those that are digital only lenses). Problem is, I don't know much about
Nikon film bodies.

--
I really hate to eat on an empty stomach.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***

"Aram Langhans" wrote in message
I won't say a convert, but a user. If it looks good on my digital I do
take out the film camera. And for close-ups, I shoot film only for the
reasons I stated. Of course, if I had a dSLR it might be a different
story. I am waiting to see what Leica comes up with in the next few years.
The are working on an R10, or so I am told. I do love my lenses.....

Aram

. ..