Old 13-05-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Oriental poppy before the HEAT gets to them all........

One of a few Oriental poppies before the HEAT gets to them all..........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Attached Thumbnails
Oriental poppy before the HEAT gets to them all........-5-12-2007-007.jpg
Old 13-05-2007, 10:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

madgardener wrote:
One of a few Oriental poppies before the HEAT gets to them all..........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Striking image, MG.
I love the intensity and contrast of the colors.
Bob Williams

Old 14-05-2007, 04:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Williams wrote:

madgardener wrote:
One of a few Oriental poppies before the HEAT gets to them all..........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking
English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Striking image, MG.
I love the intensity and contrast of the colors.
Bob Williams

thanks, Bob. One of the things that fascinates me about poppies, be
they Oriental, somniferum, meconopsis, whatever variety there is, the
intensity of the dark blue at the throat of some of them, the
complimentary contrasts. I want the old fashioned orange Oriental poppy
now, and won't put it close to the red one, but locating the "plain"
orange one isn't easy here in Eastern Tennessee. I'll probably have to
grow it from seed. The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from, but come in a
huge assortment of colors as well. My grandmammy grew the somniferum
peony variety that was hot pink with the same blue at the base of each
petal. this little Sony cybershot camera almost captures what my eye
sees and I'm very grateful. it was overcast which is why it wasn't
washed out.
maddie
Old 14-05-2007, 11:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 14-05-2007, 01:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:40:15 -0400, Ann wrote:

madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....

I wouldn't mind having a couple of them for my west forty.
joevan
email me if possible
remove the obvious to mail and I will give my addy.

Old 15-05-2007, 08:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Ann wrote:
madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....

thanks Ann!! I await hearing back from you. I have the horror show of
Vinca major this year......it's intimidating! (seriously!!)
maddie
Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Oriental poppy before the HEAT gets to them all........ - pink-poppy.jpg

joevan expounded:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:40:15 -0400, Ann wrote:

madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....

I wouldn't mind having a couple of them for my west forty.
joevan
email me if possible
remove the obvious to mail and I will give my addy.

As soon as I have some issues set aside I'll be sending along the
seeds to the address you sent me. Here is a picture of one of the
flowers.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:15:17 -0400, Ann wrote:

joevan expounded:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:40:15 -0400, Ann wrote:

madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....

I wouldn't mind having a couple of them for my west forty.
joevan
email me if possible
remove the obvious to mail and I will give my addy.

As soon as I have some issues set aside I'll be sending along the
seeds to the address you sent me. Here is a picture of one of the
flowers.

That is so beautiful. Thanks for all.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:15:17 -0400, Ann wrote:

joevan expounded:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:40:15 -0400, Ann wrote:

madgardener expounded:

The papaver somniferum varieties (bread seed as
they're now called) aren't easy to acquire seeds from,

Ask and yee shall receive - in July for next year.....

I wouldn't mind having a couple of them for my west forty.
joevan
email me if possible
remove the obvious to mail and I will give my addy.

As soon as I have some issues set aside I'll be sending along the
seeds to the address you sent me. Here is a picture of one of the
flowers.

Need any Crocosmia Lucifer?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

joevan expounded:

Need any Crocosmia Lucifer?

I would love some, however, I just warn you, I've killed two plantings
so far ( But if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! If I
could only get them to come up where the daturas come up the combo
would be breathtaking!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 13:08:07 -0400, Ann wrote:

joevan expounded:

Need any Crocosmia Lucifer?

I would love some, however, I just warn you, I've killed two plantings
so far ( But if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! If I
could only get them to come up where the daturas come up the combo would
be breathtaking!

I have Lucifer coming out my ears Ann. Want some?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington