Old 16-06-2007, 02:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Today's Garden - CRW_5404.jpg

Here is one section of my garden from this morning. Red Centranthus
(aka Red Valerian or Jupiter's Beard) on the right, orange Asclepias
(aka Butterfly Weed or Milkweed) behind it and the yellow-leaf
planting is Agastache (aka Hyssop or Bottlebrush Plant). There is also
some white Achillea ("The Pearl") in the front starting to open.

All of these are perennials I have started from seed, and these
plantings are 2-3 years old at this point.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Thumbnails
Today's Garden - CRW_5404.jpg-crw_5404.jpg
Old 16-06-2007, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote in :

Here is one section of my garden from this morning. Red Centranthus
(aka Red Valerian or Jupiter's Beard) on the right, orange Asclepias
(aka Butterfly Weed or Milkweed) behind it and the yellow-leaf
planting is Agastache (aka Hyssop or Bottlebrush Plant). There is also
some white Achillea ("The Pearl") in the front starting to open.

All of these are perennials I have started from seed, and these
plantings are 2-3 years old at this point.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

begin 644 CRW_5404.jpg

Attachment decoded: CRW_5404.jpg
`
end

Nice grouping of colors in that bed. I like the lighter green of the
Hyssop bringing up the rear.
Old 16-06-2007, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks,

The Hyssop variety is called "Golden Jubilee" and it is a 'prolific
re-seeder' as they say.

I really don't pay much attention to color combinations when I plant.
I'm too happy just to get anything to grow and look good to worry
about details like what "goes" with what in a fashion-way.

Last year I did decide that I had too much yellow and orange
(too hot in July and August) and not enough white (both eye-catching
and cooling) so this year's plantings, most probably blooming by next
year, got a little carried away with white. We'll see what things look
like then and readjust.

JD