Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Checkerboard Herb Garden

My neighbor had a bunch of leftover granite blocks from a construction
project. (I believe they were from a Chess King store, in fact.) They are
14" square and 4" deep. I used them for my Checkerboard herb garden. It
was so much fun I wish I had made it even bigger.

Some of the herbs contained within:
- five different Thymes
- Sweet Grass
- Wood Sorrel
- Nasturtium
- Sweet and Cinnamon Basil
- Pennyroyal
- Oregano
- Dill
- Bergamot
- Eucalyptus
- Cayenne Peppers
- Chives
- Tri-Color Sage
- Lavender
and one herb whose name I forgot
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very nicely done FW I have thought of doing something similar with
pavers but have yet to do so. As it is I have a 4'x8' raised bed with
Tomato, Peppers, Lavender, Oregano, Thyme, Marjoram, Parsley,
Bergarten Sage and Lemon Grass.

Guess I should take some photos huh?

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:18:12 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

My neighbor had a bunch of leftover granite blocks from a construction
project. (I believe they were from a Chess King store, in fact.) They are
14" square and 4" deep. I used them for my Checkerboard herb garden. It
was so much fun I wish I had made it even bigger.

Some of the herbs contained within:
- five different Thymes
- Sweet Grass
- Wood Sorrel
- Nasturtium
- Sweet and Cinnamon Basil
- Pennyroyal
- Oregano
- Dill
- Bergamot
- Eucalyptus
- Cayenne Peppers
- Chives
- Tri-Color Sage
- Lavender
and one herb whose name I forgot

Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Dave Fouchey wrote in
:

Very nicely done FW I have thought of doing something similar with
pavers but have yet to do so. As it is I have a 4'x8' raised bed with
Tomato, Peppers, Lavender, Oregano, Thyme, Marjoram, Parsley,
Bergarten Sage and Lemon Grass.

Guess I should take some photos huh?

I'd love to see your garden. I'm into herbs BIG TIME this year. I just
made scrambled eggs for a bunch of houseguests with onion chives, oregano,
a teeny pinch of fresh Sweet Basil and a chopped up Nasturtium flower. I
didn't tell them what the orange thing was. I'm going to see if anyone
notices.