Old 19-07-2007, 08:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Eggplant Progress

Attached Thumbnails
Eggplant Progress-eggplantprogress.jpg
Old 19-07-2007, 08:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

When I was younger, I wore my hair in a french twist and had hair pins in
the house. When I harvested my eggplants and sliced them they were full of
hair pins. My oldest had discovered rubber bands and hair pins went like
kites when shot this way. Aren't they cute? NO!

--
BetsyB

Old 19-07-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Looking yummy Joan. Cheers
wendy

Old 19-07-2007, 11:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

So pretty!

Reminds me of an old story involving my mother. Many years
ago, she found some seeds someone had given her but she didn't know
what they were. She decided to plant them to find out. The plants
grew but she didn't recognize the foliage. One day when she went
to the garden; she saw this dark, shiny object and was frightened because
she thought it was some strange creature hiding amongst the leaves.
Dad enjoyed teasing her about her fear of eggplant.

Old 20-07-2007, 05:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Very nice . Mine are the size of pea - not big enough to photograph. I
have some green tai eggplants that I'm eagerly waiting to see what they don.

Old 20-07-2007, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Eggplant Progress - eggplant.jpg

"Joan F \(MI\)" expounded:

I was out poking around today and found this. The India Paints aren't
flowering yet, I forget what kind this is, but I grew it last year and
it was quite prolific!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Attached Thumbnails
Eggplant Progress-eggplant.jpg
Old 20-07-2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Kewl.

Old 20-07-2007, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:55:26 -0400, Ann wrote:

"Joan F \(MI\)" expounded:

I was out poking around today and found this. The India Paints aren't
flowering yet, I forget what kind this is, but I grew it last year and
it was quite prolific!

I like that shot. So basically simple and wonderful.
Old 21-07-2007, 12:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Ann wrote:
"Joan F \(MI\)" expounded:

I was out poking around today and found this. The India Paints aren't
flowering yet, I forget what kind this is, but I grew it last year and
it was quite prolific!

Looks a lot like my Japanese eggplant. Funny story today that wife's
friend was over and her regular eggplants won't fruit for a few more
days and she asked for one of my Japanese. We picked one and gave it to
her with the promise that she gives us one of hers. Then I told her the
Japanese eggplant has a very mild flavor. She wanted to give it back
because she likes full flavored eggplant, but, I told her it was too
late since we picked it, a deals a deal, and she owes us an American
eggplant
Frank
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Basketweaver" wrote in news:469fe39c$0$8021
:

So pretty!

Isn't it? I saw the satin white colored eggplants at the fair this year.
I'm not a fan of white things in plants (flowers or fruit) but they were
simply gorgeous. I kept wanting to touch them which, fortunately for me,
was very possible at our little fair.

I don't eat eggplants but I promised myself a few of those vines for next
summer.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

They are a very pretty plant, graceful leaves and little purple star shaped
flowers.