Old 18-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered User

Smile Thunbergia from Málaga

Good morning. I found a copy of Thunbergia that I can not fit. I have three that are similar to mine, but in all three cases offer me difficulties. M and wonder whether there will be more to this aspect. These are the ones that I have taken into consideration so far:

Do Thunbergia battiscombei Turrill? Have bracts that hide the cup and the same tube Dirca, if the images on the web no mistaking clearly pilosos; In my plant bracts resemble those of Thunbergia battiscombei as (are acuminadas), but not in the indumento since that I have found is strictly glabras; and, secondly, the vein pattern of the leaves, reminiscent of the classic venación thunbergias most common, does not match that of my copy, which has penninervadas; moreover neither matches the size of the leaves, which are too large in Thunbergia battiscombei and to finish Thunbergia battiscombei seems to be a climber while mine looks like a shrub.

Do Thunbergia Lindau pictures? It seems a bush rather than a climber, which is what it seems to me, but also has the bracts and the pipe Dirca hairy, and also repeated bracts Lyons acuminadas least that which I have found.

Do Thunbergia erecta T. Anderson? Leo is a shrub, not a climber (it is to my advantage); The leaves are also penninervadas (like mine), but the tubing hill appears in the photos, thinly velutino, which is not in mine, which is strictly glabro and, above all, the bracts that hide the cup acuminadas are nothing, but appear externally glabras or almost; however I read that Thunbergia erecta these bracts are internally hairy and mine, in addition if acuminadas clearly, these bracts are completely glabras by each side, internal and external.

A cordial greetings and thanks in advance.