Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Begonia Rex

A plant that needs some TLC just aquired from a going out of business nursery
Attached Thumbnails
Begonia Rex-begonia-rex-dsc01452.jpg
Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , "Wendy7"
wrote:

A plant that needs some TLC just aquired from a going out of business
nursery---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image]

Those kinds of plants are generally pretty rewarding. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 06-11-2007, 03:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Hi there Ten,
I looked up Angel Wing to see what it looked like, didn't realize
how many different kinds there
are? I like them for their leaves, see attachment for a picture of my fave
"Iron Cross" which I almost killed.
Bringing it back in the g/h. Wondering if they can be propagated in water?
Cheers Wendy
"tenman" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
A plant that needs some TLC just aquired from a going out of business
nursery

Wendy, thanks for reminding me that now I have a GH, I want to grow a
couple begonias again - had a collection of over thirty different ones
years ago, but the orchids slowly pushed them out. Had a piece of an angel
wing handed down from a friend's great-grandma which I dearly loved - big
rubbery silver-spotted leaves; I grew an almost bonsai-like forest of it
about 16" high in a 14" wide shallow pan. I miss it!

Attached Thumbnails
Begonia Rex-gh-non-orchidsdsc01468.jpg
Old 06-11-2007, 03:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Always nice to read your comments. Thanks Om.
Cheers Wendy
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article , "Wendy7"
wrote:

A plant that needs some TLC just aquired from a going out of business
nursery---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image]

Those kinds of plants are generally pretty rewarding. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

[IMG] code is On

Begonia Rex plants for charity seonaid cooke United Kingdom 0 27-06-2015 12:01 AM
Begonia Rex 'Escargot'? Ruth United Kingdom 8 30-09-2010 10:51 PM
Begonia grandis - evensiana - Hardy Begonia HeatherScot United Kingdom 1 05-06-2005 10:49 PM
Begonia Rex Paulo Gardening 1 07-03-2005 08:03 PM
Begonia rex 'Olympica' - l'escargot SusieThompson United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 03:20 PM