Old 13-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Ruth

Default Begonia Rex 'Escargot'?

Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Thanks in advance

Ruth
Old 13-05-2003, 07:20 PM
SusieThompson

In message , Ruth
writes
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Ruth, if you get some info about mail ordering Escargot, please do let
me know. Ours died off last winter - I've been hunting for a source for
some time now as well. Good luck.

--
Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to
Old 19-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Ruth

In article ,
SusieThompson wrote:

In message , Ruth
writes
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Ruth, if you get some info about mail ordering Escargot, please do let
me know. Ours died off last winter - I've been hunting for a source for
some time now as well. Good luck.

No joy so far I'm afraid - if I find a source I'll drop you a line!

All the best...

Old 19-05-2003, 06:20 PM
SusieThompson

In message , Ruth
writes
In article ,
SusieThompson wrote:

In message , Ruth
writes
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Ruth, if you get some info about mail ordering Escargot, please do let
me know. Ours died off last winter - I've been hunting for a source for
some time now as well. Good luck.

No joy so far I'm afraid - if I find a source I'll drop you a line!

All the best...

Thanks Ruth. I'll keep looking too ... meanwhile, the following site
has loads of begonias, but not the missing Escargot.
http://www.stbegonias.com/
There's one called China Curl, which is sort of the same? I'm about to
email them to see if they can help with the Escargot hunt. Will keep
you posted.

Old 23-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Ruth

In article ,
SusieThompson wrote:

In message , Ruth
writes
In article ,
SusieThompson wrote:

In message , Ruth
writes
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Ruth, if you get some info about mail ordering Escargot, please do let
me know. Ours died off last winter - I've been hunting for a source for
some time now as well. Good luck.

No joy so far I'm afraid - if I find a source I'll drop you a line!

All the best...

Thanks Ruth. I'll keep looking too ... meanwhile, the following site
has loads of begonias, but not the missing Escargot.
http://www.stbegonias.com/
There's one called China Curl, which is sort of the same?

Hi Susie, yes it is similar but not quite the same - I spotted that one
too!

I'm about to
email them to see if they can help with the Escargot hunt. Will keep
you posted.

Fab - yes, I'm still hunting around as well - I'll keep you posted if I
find it

Ruth
Old 30-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a Begonia
Rex 'Escargot' by mail order? Or if anyone knows of any plant nurseries
in the London area which might have them available?

Thanks in advance

Ruth
Hi Ruth,

I'm not sure if you ever found this begonia but the following post on the enduring gardener will help if still interested :

Begonia Escargot - The Enduring Gardener Forum

Good luck and I hope this helps.....

Begonia Rex plants for charity seonaid cooke United Kingdom 0 27-06-2015 12:01 AM
Begonia Rex Wendy7 Garden Photos 3 06-11-2007 03:20 PM
Escargot (1 of 2) - YardSnails1small.jpg (1/1) Omelet Garden Photos 7 27-09-2007 02:53 AM
Begonia Rex Paulo Gardening 1 07-03-2005 08:03 PM
Begonia rex 'Olympica' - l'escargot SusieThompson United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 03:20 PM