Old 17-04-2008, 06:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default I've done it!

Bought a DSLR.

Gosh - what a lot to learn - and re-learn ... I'm glad I got it well in
advance of our cruise.

My main problem is shaky hands so I'm having to use fast speeds. In the rain
and dull light this afternoon I got this, which isn't bad but other flowers
really aren't good at all.

Still, I'll persevere! I'll never be a Pat or Marutchi because I haven't
long enough left but hey - it's fun!

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
I've done it!-pond-heather.jpg
Old 17-04-2008, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Next get a tripod.

Old 18-04-2008, 11:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Joan F (MI)" wrote in message
Next get a tripod.

I have one but was trying first without it. When I used the pod I found that
it wobbled too so I took it apart until I couldn't remove any other parts
and found the wobbly bit which I couldn't access. When all else fails ask
Spouse :-)

He said he couldn't do anything with it. I said he'd better.

He did :-) It's now like a rock.

He's gone out now for a remote shutter switch, my mechanical cable shutter
release doesn't work with the DSLR of course! I'm going to have to check all
my mechanical equipment to see what will work and what won't :-(

The shaky hands aren't recent but they're not as bad as they were before the
brain surgery. My (professional) photographer boss would get impatient with
me and say I wasn't concentrating, he felt bad and was very apologetic when
we discovered I had a tumour :-)

Now the memory isn't as good either, probably more to do with age than
anything else. Hours have been spent reading the 'manual' and I understand
everything as I read and practise. In a short time it's gone!

Mary

Old 18-04-2008, 02:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Joan F (MI)" wrote in message
[...]

Seems to me you are doing well despite your health problems. Good for
you! And best wishes for the future.

--
wolf k.

[IMG] code is On

What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home necromancer Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:40 PM
What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home Eeyore Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:21 PM
What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home Brent P Ponds 0 25-12-2007 05:55 PM
[IBC] Benches done John NJ Bonsai 3 01-04-2003 02:33 AM
[IBC] Location in Yard (was Benches done) John NJ Bonsai 1 30-03-2003 02:33 AM