Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Museum Gardens-York-9790

Attached Thumbnails
Museum Gardens-York-9790-h-9790a-york-20-04-08-40-85.jpg
Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

That boulder is reputed to be an asteroid. It's fascinated me all my life.

If you stand in that part of the gardens with your arms outstretched, like a
scarecrow, and holding a bit of bread in your hands, you'll soon have a
queue of pigeons on your arms!

Mary

Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

That boulder is reputed to be an asteroid. It's fascinated me all my
life.

Hmm, wish I'd taken more enotice of it now. I got distracted when I saw some
squirrels, I've not seen one before, but despite my best endeavours, he/she
did let me get close enough to get a photo.

If you stand in that part of the gardens with your arms outstretched,
like a scarecrow, and holding a bit of bread in your hands, you'll
soon have a queue of pigeons on your arms!

Something, I wouldn't try to do. (unless I had a change of clothes with me.
:-)

Old 08-06-2008, 11:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

That boulder is reputed to be an asteroid. It's fascinated me all my
life.

Hmm, wish I'd taken more enotice of it now. I got distracted when I saw
some squirrels, I've not seen one before, but despite my best endeavours,
he/she did let me get close enough to get a photo.

If you'd sat on a bench and had some peanuts s/he would have been into your
pocket or bag before you could focus! They're just common grey squirrels,
hated by some and said to be imported from America many years ago. And yes,
I know they're not like US squirrels!

If you stand in that part of the gardens with your arms outstretched,
like a scarecrow, and holding a bit of bread in your hands, you'll
soon have a queue of pigeons on your arms!

Something, I wouldn't try to do. (unless I had a change of clothes with
me. :-)

I can understand that but I used to love doing it and children love it too.
I don't think I've ever been left with a deposit but it wouldn't matter if I
had, I wouldn't have been living out of a suitcase :-)

Those gardens are lovely. We were once doing an event in the Hospitium (the
large building at the bottom of the bank) and the Ouse flooded, as it is
wont to do. It lapped the Hospitium steps and it was exciting! I wonder if
you went along the twisty path through the shrubs and the bottom of the
bank, that was one of my favourite walks.

Mary

Old 08-06-2008, 12:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
I can understand that but I used to love doing it and children love
it too. I don't think I've ever been left with a deposit but it
wouldn't matter if I had, I wouldn't have been living out of a
suitcase :-)
Those gardens are lovely. We were once doing an event in the
Hospitium (the large building at the bottom of the bank) and the Ouse
flooded, as it is wont to do. It lapped the Hospitium steps and it
was exciting! I wonder if you went along the twisty path through the
shrubs and the bottom of the bank, that was one of my favourite walks.

No, I didn't venture much further past where I took the photos, I had to get
back to our bus, near the War memorial Gardens.
At this point I am definitely going back next year.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
I can understand that but I used to love doing it and children love
it too. I don't think I've ever been left with a deposit but it
wouldn't matter if I had, I wouldn't have been living out of a
suitcase :-)
Those gardens are lovely. We were once doing an event in the
Hospitium (the large building at the bottom of the bank) and the Ouse
flooded, as it is wont to do. It lapped the Hospitium steps and it
was exciting! I wonder if you went along the twisty path through the
shrubs and the bottom of the bank, that was one of my favourite walks.

No, I didn't venture much further past where I took the photos, I had to
get back to our bus, near the War memorial Gardens.
At this point I am definitely going back next year.

Hurrah!

But not on a tour where time is limited and you only see what your guide
thinks you should see ... by next year you've done that :-)

Mary