Old 06-07-2008, 12:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Hardenbergia violacea-1009

Attached Thumbnails
Hardenbergia violacea-1009-b-1009-hardenbergia-28-06-08-40-100.jpg
Old 06-07-2008, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wonderful Barbara, my favourite plant from down under.
Also my favourite frame of yours. I wonder if I could do this using
PhotoImpact ? (my software)
Cheers Wendy

Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Wonderful Barbara, my favourite plant from down under.

Thanks Wendy.

Also my favourite frame of yours. I wonder if I could do this using
PhotoImpact ? (my software)

I'm not familiar with that software, so I'm sorry but I can't be of any
help.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yes. Expand canvas in white, looks like 9 pixels all around. Expand canvas
in black, 1 pixel. Select all, convert to object. Switch focus to base
image. Expand in white 25 on sides, 39 top and bottom. Expand canvas in
black, 1 pixel. Activate object, add shadow on right and bottom. Merge
all. Save.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

My thanks to you Joan. I am a complete beginner so will
have to take some lessons or something like a tutorial first.
Cheers Wendy

Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I made a website with the basics many years ago, it still applies though
some of the menus have changed. I haven't been able to update it as I lost
access to it when Yahoo bought Geocities, but you may find it helpful.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/V...725/index.html

Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks ever so much Joan, will check out your site. As a side note though,
I am using Vista Premium &
have PhotoImpact12?
Cheers Wendy

Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Well, as I said, the menus will probably be arranged differently, but the
basic commands are the same so if you can find where they are you'll be in
business. These are just some of the very basic things that will get you
started, but if you've never used an image editor before they should be
helpful.