Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Pink Grevillea Flower-1524

Attached Thumbnails
Pink Grevillea Flower-1524-b-1524a-pinkgrevillea-12-07-08-40-400.jpg
Old 12-07-2008, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Excellent, this is just beautiful.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

Wow. Beautiful plant!
McG.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

WOW, where can I get one of those. That's a very unusual flower and it opens
up so many possibilities with photo's. Again, water droplets look great on
this shot. I'd love to see a stacked macro on a droplet with the flower
contained within the droplet

Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul*" wrote in message

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

WOW, where can I get one of those. That's a very unusual flower and it
opens up so many possibilities with photo's. Again, water droplets look
great on this shot. I'd love to see a stacked macro on a droplet with the
flower contained within the droplet

What's a stacked macro?

Mary

Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Paul*" wrote in message

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

WOW, where can I get one of those. That's a very unusual flower and it
opens up so many possibilities with photo's. Again, water droplets look
great on this shot. I'd love to see a stacked macro on a droplet with the
flower contained within the droplet

What's a stacked macro?

Mary

Macro photography has a very limited focal range when up real close. In
order to compensate for shallow depth of field, you need to take shots of
the same thing at slight alterations bringing each part of the image in
focus before stacking them on top of each other using specific software.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...7594313729574/

and http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...iscuss/163367/

Lord V is a regular on www.dgrin.com and quite a macro photographer )

Old 12-07-2008, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

That's beautiful; if only I could grow them...

Dave

Old 13-07-2008, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Stinkweed wrote:
Excellent, this is just beautiful.

Thank you Sharon.

Old 13-07-2008, 07:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

McG. wrote:

Wow. Beautiful plant!

Thanks McG. The wattle is our Nation's floral emblem.

Old 13-07-2008, 07:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Marutchi wrote:
McG. wrote:

Wow. Beautiful plant!

Thanks McG. The wattle is our Nation's floral emblem.

Sorry McG, my brain was on a holiday...The wattle is our floral emblem but
of course this was a photo of a grevillea, another of our native trees.

Old 13-07-2008, 07:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Paul* wrote:

WOW, where can I get one of those.

They're an Australian Native plant.

That's a very unusual flower and
it opens up so many possibilities with photo's. Again, water droplets
look great on this shot. I'd love to see a stacked macro on a droplet
with the flower contained within the droplet

So would I, but I have the wherewithal to do so. :-)

Old 13-07-2008, 11:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul*" wrote in message

What's a stacked macro?

Mary

Macro photography has a very limited focal range when up real close. In
order to compensate for shallow depth of field, you need to take shots of
the same thing at slight alterations bringing each part of the image in
focus before stacking them on top of each other using specific software.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...7594313729574/

and http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...iscuss/163367/

Lord V is a regular on www.dgrin.com and quite a macro photographer )

Well thanks for that. I think I'll stick to portraits :-)

Mary

Old 13-07-2008, 02:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul*" wrote in message

What's a stacked macro?

Mary

Macro photography has a very limited focal range when up real close. In
order to compensate for shallow depth of field, you need to take shots of
the same thing at slight alterations bringing each part of the image in
focus before stacking them on top of each other using specific software.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...7594313729574/

and http://www.flickr.com/groups/macrovi...iscuss/163367/

Lord V is a regular on www.dgrin.com and quite a macro photographer )

Well thanks for that. I think I'll stick to portraits :-)

Mary

hehe, It's something I want to try. There's a small device you can get for
making minute adjustments to focal points. you simply attached it to your
camera and you move the camera mm's at a time using dialling knobs.

I believe it takes a lot of practice in order to achieve the desired result
:-/