Old 28-08-2008, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Yet another plant to identify - Please!

Hi,

Whilst strolling around the precincts of Peterborough Cathedral, I came upon
this blue flowering bush, growing quite wide and about three feet tall. When
in full flower it must have looked magnificent, luckily there were quite a
few flowers still open for me to photograph. Any ideas what it might be
please?

Mike Derby

Attached Thumbnails
Yet another plant to identify - Please!-dscn0655pc.jpg   Yet another plant to identify - Please!-dscn0654pc.jpg
Old 28-08-2008, 02:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mike Derby" wrote in message
Hi,

Whilst strolling around the precincts of Peterborough Cathedral, I came
upon this blue flowering bush, growing quite wide and about three feet
tall. When in full flower it must have looked magnificent, luckily there
were quite a few flowers still open for me to photograph. Any ideas what
it might be please?

Mike Derby

Periwinkle, at a guess.

Mary

Old 28-08-2008, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:45:49 +0100, "Mike Derby"
wrote:

Hi,

Whilst strolling around the precincts of Peterborough Cathedral, I came upon
this blue flowering bush, growing quite wide and about three feet tall. When
in full flower it must have looked magnificent, luckily there were quite a
few flowers still open for me to photograph. Any ideas what it might be
please?

Mike Derby

Ceratostigma sp.
--

09=ix
Old 28-08-2008, 06:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Garrapata" replied:

Ceratostigma sp.
--

Spot on! It IS a Ceratostigma, C. willmottianum. I note that
they do best when growing in full sun against a wall. This

Old 28-08-2008, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mike Derby" wrote in message

"Garrapata" replied:

Ceratostigma sp.
--

Spot on! It IS a Ceratostigma, C. willmottianum. I note that
they do best when growing in full sun against a wall. This
particular specimen is growing facing due west against a large
stone wall.
Thanks for your help.
MD

Damn! I was going to say hardy plumbago!

s.

Old 31-08-2008, 07:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:30:19 +0100, "someone"
wrote:

"Mike Derby" wrote in message

"Garrapata" replied:

Ceratostigma sp.