Old 18-11-2008, 03:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Torch Ginger-6223 (Etlingera elatior)

Attached Thumbnails
Torch Ginger-6223 (Etlingera elatior)-b-6223torchging-16-11-08-40-100.jpg
Old 18-11-2008, 11:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
news

Good enough to et!

Have you 'sharpened' the image?

Mary

Old 19-11-2008, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
news

Good enough to et!

Have you 'sharpened' the image?

I always do a touch of unsharp mask.

Old 19-11-2008, 09:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
news

Good enough to et!

Have you 'sharpened' the image?

I always do a touch of unsharp mask.

Can you explain what you mean, please?

And it should have been 'good enough to eAt of course, my 'a' key sticks.

Mary

Old 19-11-2008, 10:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain what you mean, please?

I'm not sure what programme you use for editing, but most have the capacity
to sharpen photos, one of the options is "unsharp mask", it's a 'gentler'
way of sharpening photos.

Old 19-11-2008, 10:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain what you mean, please?

I'm not sure what programme you use for editing, but most have the
capacity to sharpen photos, one of the options is "unsharp mask", it's a
'gentler' way of sharpening photos.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X, it has a 'high pass sharpen' facility which
can be useful. I've never heard of 'unsharp mask' but would like to
understand more. If you have time and inclination :-)

Mary

Old 19-11-2008, 10:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain what you mean, please?

I'm not sure what programme you use for editing, but most have the
capacity to sharpen photos, one of the options is "unsharp mask",
it's a 'gentler' way of sharpening photos.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X, it has a 'high pass sharpen' facility
which can be useful. I've never heard of 'unsharp mask' but would
like to understand more. If you have time and inclination :-)

High pass sharpen is good too.
Below is a screen shot showing the USM feature.

Attached Thumbnails
Torch Ginger-6223 (Etlingera elatior)-untitled.jpg
Old 19-11-2008, 08:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain what you mean, please?

I'm not sure what programme you use for editing, but most have the
capacity to sharpen photos, one of the options is "unsharp mask",
it's a 'gentler' way of sharpening photos.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X, it has a 'high pass sharpen' facility
which can be useful. I've never heard of 'unsharp mask' but would
like to understand more. If you have time and inclination :-)

High pass sharpen is good too.
Below is a screen shot showing the USM feature.

And which is the USM feature? What you show (thanks a million) is close to
what I see with my program(me).

Mary

Old 19-11-2008, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

And which is the USM feature? What you show (thanks a million) is
close to what I see with my program(me).

Adjustsharpnessunsharp mask.
(highlighted in blue, just above the twig in the screen shot).

Old 20-11-2008, 10:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

And which is the USM feature? What you show (thanks a million) is
close to what I see with my program(me).

Adjustsharpnessunsharp mask.
(highlighted in blue, just above the twig in the screen shot).

I'll have another look. Thanks again,

Mary

Old 25-11-2008, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" ( mary.fisher at zetnet dot co dot uk ) wrote...
snip /
: "Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
: ...

I used to enjoy Corel Draw 3. Corel Draw 5 (the whole package with
Draw and Paint et al) came out and they started changing things in
it, making it more difficult and more difficult to use (at least I
look at it that way and that's my impression). I've stuck with a
Microsoft PhotoDraw 2.0 for about 8 years now and while it has a
few bugs here and there it seems to do everything I need (it came
with Office 2000 Premium - got a really good deal from Microsoft a
long time ago).

I work with The Gimp as well, it's FREE and provides A LOT. It just
takes a while to get used to and learn. But like ALL paint programs
they ALL tend to work in layers, they all offer ways to blend and
smudge and draw lines and curves. Some even provide ways to draw via
access to the math behind various curves/shapes.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=250052

Get the latest "STABLE" version...
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

So I'm just curious, what application represents your favorite paint
software?

--
Jim Carlock
You Have More Than Five Senses