Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default My hummer

Taken through a window & screen about 10ft away. I am posting this to
prove how
good Pat's images are!!!
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
My hummer-hummer-dsc02736.jpg
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Taken through a window & screen about 10ft away. I am posting this to
prove how good Pat's images are!!!

Cheers Wendy

Thanks Wendy. My secret? I commune with the birds. )
--
Pat Durkin

email: t o b a c c o h a t e r 1 @ y a h o o . c o m

Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

How about the animals?
My hubby is going to get me one of those remote thing-a-ma-dingy's
so that I can take closer shots eh?
Cheers Wendy

Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote...
: How about the animals?
: My hubby is going to get me one of those remote thing-a-ma-dingy's
: so that I can take closer shots eh?

Or get a good "cheap" camera with a good zoom. Some cameras
offer an digital zoom and some offer true optical zoom. You
want the ones with the true optical zoom more than the digital
zoom, as the digital zoom just ends up making the picture a
tad smaller.

Optical zoom almost always ends up much more expensive, as it
ends up as the lens itself ends up costing.

Anyone here want to talk cameras. I'm up to researching and
placing ads to sell such things. But I need some interest. I
want to find the best cameras at the best prices and I'll put
an ad up and ask for your help.

Maybe we can help Wendy out and find a decent camera, even if
I can not get the best price, I'm still willing to research it
and learn it.

Cheers back to you Wendy.

--
Jim Carlock
You Have More Than Five Senses

Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message

My hubby is going to get me one of those remote thing-a-ma-dingy's so
that I can take closer shots eh?

I use one sometimes for my Nikon D80 but I'm not sure if they sell those for
point-'n-shoot cameras Wendy. And, assuming you can find a remote trigger,
the P&S cameras usually have a bit of a lag between pushing the shutter
button and the actual exposure. That lag is not a good thing if you're
trying to capture quick action.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote...
"Wendy7" wrote ...

:
: I use one sometimes for my Nikon D80 but I'm not sure if they sell
: those for point-'n-shoot cameras Wendy. And, assuming you can find
: a remote trigger, the P&S cameras usually have a bit of a lag
: between pushing the shutter button and the actual exposure. That
: lag is not a good thing if you're trying to capture quick action.

Thanks for the comments, Pat. Do you know what causes the lag? Based
upon what I know, I believe it ends up because the processor inside
the camera ends up as a very slow processor (CPU). It's the IC chip
that controls how fast the camera scans the settings and does the
automatic checks and such. And if the processor tends to do things
slowly, you get lag.

One way around this though, involves getting a camera that allows
you to set the exposure, the F-stop and such. It means one needs to
learn about all that. And I actually prefer such a camera to one
that automatically checks and scans. It's not hard to learn, and I
find it quite a bit more fun. And if you can change the lense the
camera usually ends up costing a bit more.

Does you Nikon D80 experience that lag? Can you set the F-Stop and
the exposure time yourself? I seen recommendations for that camera
in the past. Can you change the lense?

I imagine there's a camera with a quick processor for a low price
somewhere. I'm working on too many things. She probably wants one
of those cameras if she does not want to mess with exposure and
F-stops.

Usually when one opens the lense (increases the opening) the auto-
adjusting exposure decreases, or if the camera supports it, one
can adjust the exposure to a lower number, to perhaps 1/2000 of a
second. I loved my old Contax RTS? with Karl Zeiss lenses.

--
Jim Carlock
How to Win Friends and Influence People is one of the first best

Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
g.com...

Thanks for the comments, Pat. Do you know what causes the lag? Based upon
what I know, I believe it ends up because the processor inside the camera
ends up as a very slow processor (CPU). It's the IC chip that controls how
fast the camera scans the settings and does the automatic checks and such.
And if the processor tends to do things slowly, you get lag.

I'm no expert on camera design or internal architecture so I'll forego
having you sit through my definition of what causes lag. What I *DO* know
is that all or virtually all of the Digital Single Lens Reflex types
(DSLR's) offer pretty much instantaneous exposures. And they all have the
capability to change lenses. Furthermore, all of them allow the user to
choose between Auto exposure, Manual exposure, auto exposure based
user-selected Shutter speed, or auto exposure based on user-selected
Aperture. Some even have a choice called Program.

Personally I almost always use "M" for Manual. Auto won't cut the mustard
in shooting hummers.

Does you Nikon D80 experience that lag?

No. But that's not an exclusive in favor of the D80. As I said above - all
DSLR's are fast.

Can you set the F-Stop and the exposure time yourself?

Yes yes.

Can you change the lense?

Yes.

I imagine there's a camera with a quick processor for a low price
somewhere. I'm working on too many things. She probably wants one of those
cameras if she does not want to mess with exposure and F-stops.

Everybody including me wants a P&S that'll do everything as well as a DSLR.
Don't hold your breath.
--
Pat Durkin

email: t o b a c c o h a t e r 1 @ y a h o o . c o m

[IMG] code is On

Male Anna's Hummer Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 30-03-2009 02:53 AM
Young fem Anna's hummer Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 03-03-2009 11:58 PM
Pix of Albino Hummer Anne Lurie North Carolina 2 17-08-2003 09:34 PM
Hummer groober Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Hummer L & S Texas 1 24-03-2003 10:20 PM