Old 05-06-2009, 12:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Help!

Will one of you nice people please teach me how to post the pictures in
a post on this group? I have a couple of nice pics from my yard but
can't get it done.

Thanks in advance,

George Parton

BTW, this netscape 7.2 no longer supports E-mail, so if you want to send
me an E-mail please use the aol address. Thanks again...
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

George Parton wrote:
Will one of you nice people please teach me how to post the pictures in
a post on this group? I have a couple of nice pics from my yard but
can't get it done.

Thanks in advance,

George Parton

BTW, this netscape 7.2 no longer supports E-mail, so if you want to send
me an E-mail please use the aol address. Thanks again...

I would if I knew what operating system and news reader you are using.
The headers on your post are singularly uninformative, but I see that
whatever you're using is encoding text as 7-bit -- which implies you are
using very, very old technology. The fact that you are using Nestcape
confirms that impression.

So: provide more information, please.

HTH

wolf k.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
George Parton wrote:

Will one of you nice people please teach me how to post the pictures in
a post on this group? I have a couple of nice pics from my yard but
can't get it done.

Thanks in advance,

George Parton

BTW, this netscape 7.2 no longer supports E-mail, so if you want to send
me an E-mail please use the aol address. Thanks again...

I agree with Wolf. We need more info. In the meantime,
see if you can find a command to "attach" a document
to your post. Thats how most of them work, I think.

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wolf K wrote:
George Parton wrote:

Will one of you nice people please teach me how to post the pictures
in a post on this group? I have a couple of nice pics from my yard
but can't get it done.

Thanks in advance,

George Parton

BTW, this netscape 7.2 no longer supports E-mail, so if you want to
send me an E-mail please use the aol address. Thanks again...

I would if I knew what operating system and news reader you are using.
The headers on your post are singularly uninformative, but I see that
whatever you're using is encoding text as 7-bit -- which implies you are
using very, very old technology. The fact that you are using Nestcape
confirms that impression.

So: provide more information, please.

HTH

wolf k.

I am using a dual processor Mac with 10.? (newest & greatest) operating
system, 2 gig ram +++ The news reader is Netscape 7.2 which I stated
was old technology. However I stay with it so I can utilize the very
efficient filters, simplicity as well as it is free! As for the 7-bit
part, I am totally ignorant. I access the internet through Cox High
speed digital and the NG's through Netscape via Cox.

I have attached a picture of my Hong Kong Orchid which was suggested by
another responder. Let's hope it works!

Thank you for your time and help.

George

Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Suzie-Q wrote:

In article ,
George Parton wrote:

Will one of you nice people please teach me how to post the pictures in
a post on this group? I have a couple of nice pics from my yard but
can't get it done.

Thanks in advance,

George Parton

BTW, this netscape 7.2 no longer supports E-mail, so if you want to send
me an E-mail please use the aol address. Thanks again...

I agree with Wolf. We need more info. In the meantime,
see if you can find a command to "attach" a document
to your post. Thats how most of them work, I think.

Thank you Suzie-Q.
I have responded to Wolf's reply and tried your suggestion with the
attachment. Hope it works!
Thanks
George

Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Help! Suzie-Q & Wolf

George Parton wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

George Parton wrote:

[...]

It worked! What a nice picture! Thank you all...

George
Old 06-06-2009, 03:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

George Parton wrote:
[...]
I am using a dual processor Mac with 10.? (newest & greatest) operating
system, 2 gig ram +++

Nice machine.

The news reader is Netscape 7.2 which I stated
was old technology. However I stay with it so I can utilize the very
efficient filters, simplicity as well as it is free! As for the 7-bit
part, I am totally ignorant. I access the internet through Cox High
speed digital and the NG's through Netscape via Cox.

Netscape's successor is Firefox (browser only) and Thunderbird (e-mail
and news reader). Both are improved over Netscape, and both are free at
mozilla.org. Seamonkey combines Firefox and Thunderbird, but i don't
like "suites", so I've not tried it. Besides, it's not a finished
product at present.

Thunderbird works OK as a newsreader (it hiccups on yEnc encoded posts,
and does not combine multi-part posts.)), and attaching is simplicity
itself: click on the Attach button, navigate to the desired folder, and
click on the image(s) (or any other file) you want to attach.

I have attached a picture of my Hong Kong Orchid which was suggested by
another responder. Let's hope it works!

It did. Looks good, too.

Thank you for your time and help.

George

You're welcome. I have Mac G4 Powerbook, but hardly ever use it.

cheers,

wolf k.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Help! Wolf

Wolf K wrote:
George Parton wrote:
[...]

[...]

Wolf,

I too use Firefox and Safari. Firefox leaves much to be desired for me.
The Netscape 7.2 used to post the picture after your tutelage worked
just like you describe the Thunderbird. I am happy, now to take some pics!
Again I thank you.
George

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM