Old 05-10-2009, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default A closer shot of Stapelia gigantea

I could not get too close to this one, really does smell like rotten meat!!!
Anyway there were flies buzzing around in a frenzy.
They laid some eggs & then the ants came winding in & around the maze like
hairs
to get to the center.
I had to walk away!
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
A closer shot of Stapelia gigantea-stapelia-gigantea-88a-dsc03542.jpg
Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:22:40 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

I could not get too close to this one, really does smell like rotten meat!!!
Anyway there were flies buzzing around in a frenzy.
They laid some eggs & then the ants came winding in & around the maze like
hairs
to get to the center.
I had to walk away!
Cheers Wendy

Pwew. But the shots are great and I don't have to smell it. You are
coming through now just fine. )
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
I could not get too close to this one, really does smell like rotten
meat!!! Anyway there were flies buzzing around in a frenzy.
They laid some eggs & then the ants came winding in & around the maze
like hairs
to get to the center.
I had to walk away!
Cheers Wendy

You're game getting that close. :-)
Nice shot.

Stapelia gigantea Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 07-10-2009 11:42 PM
Stapelia gigantea someone Garden Photos 1 05-07-2008 02:17 PM
Stapelia gigantica - even closer Wendy7 Garden Photos 5 12-10-2007 09:16 PM
Stapelia gigantica - closer Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 11-10-2007 04:21 AM
Qestions for Stapelia Growers Shell Gardening 4 12-10-2004 10:47 PM