Old 19-05-2010, 06:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Hummingbird lovers

Somebody sent this to my wife to bring to my attention:

This is actually a pretty amazing story about a baby
hummingbird that I

found on a sidewalk. He couldn't fly, so I took him under my
wing. At

night, he would come home to our house for safety. During the
day, he

was in the backyard of the house near where I found him.
About 4 days

after I found him, I was holding him in my cupped hands when
his mama

came by to feed him. She had seen me around, I guess,
because she just flew

over, perched on my hand and then fed him. This happened a number of
times,

so I called a friend who is good with a video camera, and he came
over to film

some of the amazing goings on that I told him about.

There's a lot more to this story, but that's enough info to give
you

some context for the video we posted to You Tube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7xBLvMIBZU

Hope that you find it interesting!

I did. )
--
Pat Durkin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddyspig/

Old 19-05-2010, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 19 May 2010 10:24:49 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

[...]

That is just so beautiful. Thank you for forwarding the link.
Old 19-05-2010, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 19/05/2010 13:24, Paddy's Pig wrote:
Somebody sent this to my wife to bring to my attention:

[...]

Lovely!

wolf k.