Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

Attached Thumbnails
Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden-toskanapark_gmunden-0.jpg
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:36:21 +0100, Willi wrote:

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

It seem to have had a hard time of growing straight. Or it couldn't
make up its mind which way to go.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 10/03/2012 3:36 PM, Willi wrote:
I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

I've been there. used to live in Altmuenster.

Wolf K.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 11.03.2012 00:18, schrieb Wolf K:
On 10/03/2012 3:36 PM, Willi wrote:
I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

I've been there. used to live in Altmuenster.

Wolf K.

So this must look familiar to you also. Almost same location, same time,
but opposite direction.

G Willi

Attached Thumbnails
Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden-traunsee-0.jpg
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 10.03.2012 23:11, schrieb joevan:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:36:21 +0100, wrote:

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

It seem to have had a hard time of growing straight. Or it couldn't
make up its mind which way to go.

I think it is a pendulous-branched variety grafted on an ordinary elm
tree, because the trunk stands straight the first 2 meters. Then it goes
these strange ways.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Traunstein (was: Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden)

On 10/03/2012 7:17 PM, Willi wrote:
Am 11.03.2012 00:18, schrieb Wolf K:
On 10/03/2012 3:36 PM, Willi wrote:
I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

I've been there. used to live in Altmuenster.

Wolf K.

So this must look familiar to you also. Almost same location, same time,
but opposite direction.

G Willi

Yes. The Traunstein was our Hausberg. This was taken in 2009 from my
grandparents' house.

Wolf K.

Attached Thumbnails
Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden-img_0598.jpg
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Garden in Altmuenster (1)

Taken in 2009. My Opa and Oma were great gardeners. I wasn't very
interested when I was a kid, but something must have been passed on,
either by DNA or by osmosis. My aunt and cousin still do a bit of
gardening, here are a few pictures from our visit in 2009.

Wolf K.

Attached Thumbnails
Elm Tree in Toscana Park, Gmunden-img_0526.jpg
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Willi" wrote ..

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.

You are lucky to have any Elm Trees left, we lost all ours to Dutch Elm
Disease years ago and they were often our biggest trees.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 11.03.2012 09:59, schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote ..

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.

You are lucky to have any Elm Trees left, we lost all ours to Dutch Elm
Disease years ago and they were often our biggest trees.

The same here. But it seems that only bigger trees are affected. There
are still seedlings here and there. I have an elm tree trimmed as bonsai.
And I must confess, I've never been there before and identified the tree
only by bark and a tiny twig. I'm very probably right with Elm, but
I'll have to check again in summer to be completely sure.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 01:27:47 +0100, Willi wrote:

Am 10.03.2012 23:11, schrieb joevan:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:36:21 +0100, wrote:

I've been in the Toscana Park in Gmunden yesterday. Here's the pic of
the silhouette of a bizarrely shaped elm tree.
G Willi

It seem to have had a hard time of growing straight. Or it couldn't
make up its mind which way to go.

I think it is a pendulous-branched variety grafted on an ordinary elm
tree, because the trunk stands straight the first 2 meters. Then it goes
these strange ways.

Thanks Willi, that make sense.