Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Gary & Karen

Default Mad gardener deer repel

Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary

Old 03-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Doug Kanter

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary

This weekend, I'm padlocking my 16 year old son and two or three friends to
stakes driven into the ground near the garden, and feeding them nothing but
baked beans, Doritos and chocolate milk. We'll see if that dissuades the
deer. This group of kids is capable of making the atmosphere explosive even
in large auditoriums.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:50 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter "El Perverto" wrote:

This weekend, I'm padlocking my 16 year old son and two or three friends to
stakes driven into the ground near the garden,

So how will that differ from any other weekend for them?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Doug Kanter

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Doug Kanter "El Perverto" wrote:

This weekend, I'm padlocking my 16 year old son and two or three friends
to stakes driven into the ground near the garden,

So how will that differ from any other weekend for them?

Most weekends, they're chained to the sofa.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Bob Seaman

Try a milk container with freesh human urine

--

www.bobsbunker.com
SEPS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS

Old 03-08-2005, 10:22 PM
madgardener

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary

since I am the madgardener, I'd say posting blown up pictures of succulent
plates piled high with venison roasts, deer stews and stir fry dishes would
do it.....................
madgardener

Old 04-08-2005, 12:52 AM
John Bachman

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:44:48 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary

This weekend, I'm padlocking my 16 year old son and two or three friends to
stakes driven into the ground near the garden, and feeding them nothing but
baked beans, Doritos and chocolate milk. We'll see if that dissuades the
deer. This group of kids is capable of making the atmosphere explosive even
in large auditoriums.

Hang bars of Irish Spring soap around the garden. Leave the wrapper
on and drill a hole through, put some twine or hanger through the
hole. The wrapper protects the soap from the weather.

The Irish Spring attracts leprechauns. Put a case of cheap beer
nearby where the leprechauns will find it. They will get to partying
and the noise scares off the deer.

The soap will last weeks but you will have to replace the beer
nightly.

John

Old 04-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Frank Logullo

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Don't know about deer but sonic repellants my wife bought for mice do not
work.
High fences or netting and electric fences do work. Also forget the human
odor thing.
Suburban deer that most of us appear to have are not repelled. They also
may get used to the water thing.
I've seen deer eating acorns from a tree near a home with a chained dog
barking his head off.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:40 AM
paghat

wrote:

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
[...]

You forgot the other important method. Get some Bounce fabric softener
cloths & make little flags out of them all around the garden. This will
make the leprechauns think the flags are for a soccer game that'll be
starting soon & they'll sit up in the branches waving the flags drinking
the beer & waiting for the game to start, & as everyone knows, deer will
not go near shrubs that have leprechauns sitting in them.

Of course, if you live in a part of the country that has no leprechauns,
none of these urban folklore methods work for shit. The repellants that
actually work in controlled studies contain either blood or putrescent egg
solids. Repellants that rely on bitter taste or soapy or perfumy smells
work primarily in the imagination of people who are bad observers of
nature.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 04-08-2005, 06:47 AM
paghat

In article , "Frank Logullo"
wrote:

Don't know about deer but sonic repellants my wife bought for mice do not
work.

Good observation. They don't work for anything. Sonic repellants have been
throughly tested & shown to be bogus. Now noise CANONS might work, but any
noise a human can tolerate so can animals. See:
"A Sucker Born Every Minute: Ultrasonic & Subsonic Pest Control Devices"
http://www.paghat.com/ultrasonic.html

-paghat the ratgirl

Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary & Karen
Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector
water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary
I bought a Scarecrow Waterspray from Amazon.com & it really works for me & it's $20.00 cheaper from Amazon $59.95 Free Shipping too.
Frank