Old 10-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Bill

Default Pre-emergent?

Hi all,

I've read where in certain incidents you must use "pre-emergent"
solutions. What is meant by 'pre-emergent?'

Thanks loads,

bill
William Redding
Medical Researcher at
www.linkable.org
Learn a language at
www.ITeachOonline.com
Old 10-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Vox Humana

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've read where in certain incidents you must use "pre-emergent"
solutions. What is meant by 'pre-emergent?'

That is short for "pre-emergent herbicide." This type of weed control
inhibits germination, thus "pre-emergent." The most common one is sold as
"Preen." You generally apply it in early spring and then in about four
months. Some lawn products, generally sold as "step one" have pre-emergent
herbicide and fertilizer combined. "Post-emergent" products kill existing
weeds, while pre-emergent prevent weeds.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Bill

Vox,

Thank you very much, you sure explained it well.

Bill

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:26:27 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

.. .

Old 10-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Good land make it simple....pre = before, emergent + before it F-ing
comes up!!!!!

Are dictionaries still available? Is google still working?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:26:27 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,

I've read where in certain incidents you must use "pre-emergent"
solutions. What is meant by 'pre-emergent?'

That is short for "pre-emergent herbicide." This type of weed control
inhibits germination, thus "pre-emergent." The most common one is sold as
"Preen." You generally apply it in early spring and then in about four
months. Some lawn products, generally sold as "step one" have pre-emergent
herbicide and fertilizer combined. "Post-emergent" products kill existing
weeds, while pre-emergent prevent weeds.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold
Old 10-08-2005, 04:32 AM
vincent p. norris

Anyone know of a low-priced source of corn gluten pre-emergent?

A year or more ago, I read that Lowe's was going to sell it, but our
local Lowe's does not.

Thanks. vince norris