Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Oak tree fertilization

In my front yard is a very large northern red oak (I believe, could be
wrong), about 50 years old. It's showing some signs of stress, lately.
I have ruled out most fungal infections, because it definitely isn't
dying. However, it has never received any personalized attention; it's
been left to do its own thing for a long time, now. I was hoping
someone could share any experience they have for a fertilization
regimen ... general feeding, fertilization to help it resist disease,
what to use to help it prepare for the winter ... etc.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.