Old 24-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Registered User

Default lime tree

Hi - about this time of year the lime tree in my garden starts dropping sticky deposits - no problem. But this year I notice it also sheds some form of black substance that coats all plants, grass and my new patio with a black stain. Any idea of whether this is normal, what it is, if I can prevent it, and how I can wash it off my patio!? Thanks
Old 24-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Travis

deaks99 wrote:
Hi - about this time of year the lime tree in my garden starts
dropping sticky deposits - no problem. But this year I notice it
also sheds some form of black substance that coats all plants,
grass and my new patio with a black stain. Any idea of whether
this is normal, what it is, if I can prevent it, and how I can wash
it off my patio!? Thanks

The sticky stuff is aphid droppings and the black stuff is sooty mold
growing on the sticky stuff.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5