Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Mark Anderson

Default Fern Question

Last March I rescued this fern from the alley that had some life in it.
I really only wanted its plastic pot but thought I'd try to bring it
back. I repotted it into a larger container and when the weather got
nicer, placed it in a spot that doesn't get too much sun.

Anyway, the leaves were mostly green with burned brown tips. After the
entire summer so far in that spot this fern hasn't grown or even tried
to recover. It still looks the same. I'm starting to think that it's
dead even though its still mostly green. I've never had luck with
growing indoor ferns even though they're supposedly one of the easier
house plants to care for. Now I'm wondering if perhaps I should have
cropped the leaves that had brown tips to stimulate some kind of growth.
Does anyone have any tips for getting these things back to normal?

Right now I'm thinking of ditching this fern after the summer when the
plants have to come inside for the winter. I have another plant that
could use that pot but it would be nice if I could get this thing to
recover.