Old 27-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Default liriope and crabgrass

hello,

we had some extensive landcaping this year and have scatterings of
liriope through out. we notice that crabgrass has started to
infiltrate our plants with many liriope's taking a direct hit. the
crabgrass will grow right through them often times requiring uprooting
both the weed and plant to separte them. they are quite insidious.

i've read about halts and pre-emergents to control crabgrass. is it
still useful at this stage of the year or are we better off weeding by
hand and starting fresh next year?

thanks!

Old 27-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Hal

On 27 Aug 2005 04:57:30 -0700, "
wrote:

we had some extensive landcaping this year and have scatterings of
liriope through out. we notice that crabgrass has started to
infiltrate our plants with many liriope's taking a direct hit. the
crabgrass will grow right through them often times requiring uprooting
both the weed and plant to separte them. they are quite insidious.

Try Image
http://www.amdro.com/Image/downloads...duct_label.pdf
Image is a selective herbicide that can be sprayed over liriope. The
label (page2) states it may require more than one spraying to kill
crabgrass.

Regards,

Hal