Old 01-09-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Please Help Need, Advice

A friend of mine lost his father last week. My girl-friend and I
wanted to give his family the gift of a tree that would help to remind
him of his father. Is there a tree that is used as a memorial, or used
to ease loss or grieving? Or, is there a tree that blossoms around the
end of August? That way the flowers might serve to mark the time, each
year.

My friend lives in Pasadena, CA. We'd like something well suited for a
warm, dry climate.

Although we are not rich, money is not really an issue.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ken

Old 05-09-2005, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. We checked out Burkards, but decided to go with
another nursery called
Armstrong. We did go with the Crape Myrtle, however, the Tuscarora.

Ken