Old 01-10-2005, 04:52 AM
DemonSeedDiva

Default My Poor Ficus

OK...

Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf
so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves.
now, half the plant is yellow.

I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was
fall.

Anyone know if this is true?

I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything
in terms of care.

Thanks,
J.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Yes it is true, Virginia.

Leaves fall in the autumn as the days get shorter.

People make an annual pilgrimage to New England every autumn just to see the
leaves change colors and fall off the trees. Check it out.

Blame it on the vernal equinox and the creator.

oups.com...

Old 01-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Tom Randy

On 2005-09-30 23:52:41 -0400, "DemonSeedDiva" said:

OK...

Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf
so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves.
now, half the plant is yellow.

I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was
fall.

Anyone know if this is true?

I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything
in terms of care.

Thanks,
J.

Ficus are very temperamental about light and temperature. So they are
right. Lower light levels and room temp will cause this. Don't worry,
new leaves will come back.

Tom

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can

Old 01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Cereus-validus.......

No Randy spanker.

Once a leaf is lost, it will never come back.

New leaves are produced with the new growth.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
David Ross

"Cereus-validus......." wrote:

Yes it is true, Virginia.

Leaves fall in the autumn as the days get shorter.

People make an annual pilgrimage to New England every autumn just to see the
leaves change colors and fall off the trees. Check it out.

Blame it on the vernal equinox and the creator.

Wrong! Ficus is evergreen, not deciduous. In this case, the tree
is stressed.

"DemonSeedDiva" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK...

Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf
so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves.
now, half the plant is yellow.

I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was
fall.

Anyone know if this is true?

I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything
in terms of care.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
David Ross

DemonSeedDiva wrote:

OK...

Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf
so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves.
now, half the plant is yellow.

I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was
fall.

Anyone know if this is true?

I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything
in terms of care.

Is the tree outdoors or a house plant?

Old 01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Which Ficus is that, Davypoo?

Its a very large genus.

Even Ficus elastica eventually sheds its outermost leaves in the autumn,
babe.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Powerless Agronomist

"DemonSeedDiva" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK...

Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf
so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves.
now, half the plant is yellow.

I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was
fall.

Anyone know if this is true?

I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything
in terms of care.

Thanks,
J.

This about fall is a good joke, I have ficus benjamin and it is evergreen,
sometimes few leaves fall off, but it is caused by the some stress, one my
ficus benjamin had little fruits twice, also very interesting and
decorative. No too much water, position- I have them all around living room,
in shade, window, all are ok, also near tv and comp, no stress (2 meters
high, dark green and healthy)

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] miniature ficus Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 12-02-2003 02:25 PM
miniature ficus Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 06:25 PM
Banyan fig (Ficus microcarpa retusa) David Stern Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM