Old 24-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Jan Flora

Default Forcing bulbs?

Does anyone know how you figure out which bulbs to combine
in one pot, to force different types in the same pot?

White Flower Gardens sells combination pots, for about
a zillion bucks. I've got daffodils and tulips that are
good forcing cultivars, but can't figure out which to
plant with which in a pot.

Did that make any sense?

Jan

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Old 24-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Doug Kanter

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
Does anyone know how you figure out which bulbs to combine
in one pot, to force different types in the same pot?

White Flower Gardens sells combination pots, for about
a zillion bucks. I've got daffodils and tulips that are
good forcing cultivars, but can't figure out which to
plant with which in a pot.

Did that make any sense?

Jan

What's the confusion? Which bulbs need to be chilled for similar lengths of
time? If that's it, why not just duplicate what WFF is selling?

Old 25-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Dot Smith

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

What's the confusion? Which bulbs need to be chilled for similar lengths

of
time? If that's it, why not just duplicate what WFF is selling?

Doug, you have to make allowances for Jan. She's been eating too much skunk
cabbage and rotten moose meat and hanging around with every known loser in
Alaska.

Old 25-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Cereus-validus-...........

If you pay us a zillion bucks we won't tell you but we will give you a few
nice pots with mixed bulbs for you to force on your own!!!

--
The way to a man's heart is through barbequed ribs!!!

Old 25-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Jan Flora

In article ,
"Dot Smith" wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

What's the confusion? Which bulbs need to be chilled for similar lengths

of
time? If that's it, why not just duplicate what WFF is selling?

Doug, you have to make allowances for Jan. She's been eating too much skunk
cabbage and rotten moose meat and hanging around with every known loser in
Alaska.

Isn't that cute? I have my very own troll following me around : )

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Jan Flora

In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
Does anyone know how you figure out which bulbs to combine
in one pot, to force different types in the same pot?

White Flower Gardens sells combination pots, for about
a zillion bucks. I've got daffodils and tulips that are
good forcing cultivars, but can't figure out which to
plant with which in a pot.

Did that make any sense?

Jan

What's the confusion? Which bulbs need to be chilled for similar lengths of
time? If that's it, why not just duplicate what WFF is selling?

I don't have the same bulbs that WWF is offering, and I don't like
some of the bulbs that they put into their planters.

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Doug Kanter

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
Does anyone know how you figure out which bulbs to combine
in one pot, to force different types in the same pot?

White Flower Gardens sells combination pots, for about
a zillion bucks. I've got daffodils and tulips that are
good forcing cultivars, but can't figure out which to
plant with which in a pot.

Did that make any sense?

Jan

What's the confusion? Which bulbs need to be chilled for similar lengths
of
time? If that's it, why not just duplicate what WFF is selling?

I don't have the same bulbs that WWF is offering, and I don't like
some of the bulbs that they put into their planters.

OK.....but when you say which to plant with which, are you referring to
aesthetics, or combining varieties that need similar culture, or....???

[IMG] code is On

Forcing hyacinth bulbs TLR Texas 1 02-01-2004 01:13 PM
How long should I chill bulbs for 'forcing'? Kevin Miller Gardening 2 10-12-2003 02:02 PM
an old bulb forcing faq Kay Lancaster Gardening 0 22-10-2003 11:12 PM
Bulb forcing gary Gardening 1 22-10-2003 01:32 PM
Forcing Many Bulbs indoors MC Gardening 0 26-09-2003 05:42 PM