Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-03-2003, 09:20 PM
KrisHur

Default Still have unplanted Daffs?

I was getting more seed starting stuff and asked what they do with all the
left over bulbs now. He told me to help myself, that if I planted them
*ASAP* I would get leaves this year and flowers next year. Of course one has
to give each bulb a little squeeze to make sure there's some life left in
there. He said he did it a few years back and that's how it worked for him.

So I took home 2 bags of 50 and will be out in the mud this weekend; all
this melting snow has turned our lawn into mush! Finally something to do as
soon as the ground thaws--plant free daffs!

It might be worth it to go to your garden store and ask "What do you guys do
with all the left over daffs?"--the price tag on the bulbs I brought
home--$40.00 each!

--
Kristen
Zone 6, SE NY