Old 24-08-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Unplanted Dahlias Tubers..What to do?

I have several dahlia tubers that I never planted this
season (ran out of space). They are still sitting in a box
of wood chips, sprouted but looking a bit sad and withered.
Would they still be viable tubers for next year if I just
planted them in pots now? I wouldn't expect them to
flower...but if I could save them for next season, what
would be the best way to go about this?
Fertilize the soil as usual ? or just plant and let the
tubers plump up and grow through the fall. Any advice would
be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 24-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
I have several dahlia tubers that I never planted this
season (ran out of space). They are still sitting in a box
of wood chips, sprouted but looking a bit sad and withered.
Would they still be viable tubers for next year if I just
planted them in pots now? I wouldn't expect them to
flower...but if I could save them for next season, what
would be the best way to go about this?
Fertilize the soil as usual ? or just plant and let the
tubers plump up and grow through the fall. Any advice would
be appreciated. Thanks!

I think your only choice is to plant them Depending on where you live, you
might have a couple of month until a hard frost.

Old 25-08-2004, 04:09 PM
starlord

Plant them in pots at lest and let'm grow for this year.

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Blast Off Cybershop
http://www.cafeshops.com/starlords
In the Garden Gift Shop
http://www.cafeshops.com/InGarden
Astronomy-net shop
http://www.cafeshops.com/Astronomy_net
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

wrote in message
I have several dahlia tubers that I never planted this
season (ran out of space).

---