Old 01-12-2005, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Default Seed spreader

I have a broadcast seed spreader from the cyclone seed company. Does
anyone know what happened to the cyclone seed company. I googled it and
there wasn't any results.
Any help would be appriciated.
Chuckie in the frozen north.

Old 02-12-2005, 02:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mel M Kelly

I can't help you on that, sorry, but I would lke know where you can get
a pull behind spreader that don't have one of those cheap plastic gear
boxes. I have found them priced from $45 to $250 and all have a plastic
gear box. I have gone through 3 and end up junking them.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 02-12-2005, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I can't help you on that, sorry, but I would lke know where you can get
a pull behind spreader that don't have one of those cheap plastic gear
boxes. I have found them priced from $45 to $250 and all have a plastic
gear box. I have gone through 3 and end up junking them.

Farm supply, maybe? You know: You're driving down the road and you notice
what looks like a car dealer, except all the vehicles are the size of your
house. Maybe one of those would have a source for something scaled for home
use.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

This is a walk behind push speader that is completly metal
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

Old 02-12-2005, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"Chuckie" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a walk behind push speader that is completly metal
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

What's wrong with the plastic gears? Not meshing consistently?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mel M Kelly

All I have had lcok up after you use them 2 or 3 times and then store
them over winter. Plastic wheels slide etc. Chinese Junk

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 03-12-2005, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
All I have had lcok up after you use them 2 or 3 times and then store
them over winter. Plastic wheels slide etc. Chinese Junk

Lots of what used to be manufacturers are now nothing but a small sales
office which handles containers of crap from China. Sperry Topsider boat
shoes are another one. Used to be a great product. Now, they have all sorts
of annoying "features" that make them miserable to wear. Tried to call the
company, but you can only get as far as sales robots. If there's anyone in
charge, they're in a mansion somewhere snorting coke.

Old 03-12-2005, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ed-NH

NASCO has several spreaders.

http://www.enasco.com/farmandranch/B...ick Index=324

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I can't help you on that, sorry, but I would lke know where you can get
a pull behind spreader that don't have one of those cheap plastic gear
boxes. I have found them priced from $45 to $250 and all have a plastic
gear box. I have gone through 3 and end up junking them.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 03-12-2005, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mel M Kelly

I went to the Nasco site and put in Lawn Spreaders and Lawn Equipment
and it came back nothing found. I don't think we have any Nasco Stores
in Mid-West. I have never seen one.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 03-12-2005, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ed-NH

NASCO is strictly mail order.... big on farm supplies and equipment.

The supplied link should have taken you directly to the spreader page

http://www.enasco.com/farmandranch/B...ick Index=324

You can also get there via www.enasco.com ----Farm&Ranch/Ag
Science ----- Horticulture & Forestry ----- Spreaders

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I went to the Nasco site and put in Lawn Spreaders and Lawn Equipment
and it came back nothing found. I don't think we have any Nasco Stores
in Mid-West. I have never seen one.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley