Old 04-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered User

Smile World Cup

I was just wondering if any one can help me? I want to grow a St Georges cross in my front garden for the world cup in the summer of 2006, but as I know absolutely nothing about gardening or plants. Can any one tell me what flowers I need and what to do.
Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default World Cup

joyboy wrote:
I was just wondering if any one can help me? I want to grow a
St
Georges cross in my front garden for the world cup in the
summer of
2006, but as I know absolutely nothing about gardening or
plants.
Can any one tell me what flowers I need and what to do.
Thanks

What kind of plant is a St Georges Cross? Where do you live?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 04-12-2005, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , joyboy
writes

I was just wondering if any one can help me? I want to grow a St Georges
cross in my front garden for the world cup in the summer of 2006, but
as I know absolutely nothing about gardening or plants. Can any one
tell me what flowers I need and what to do.
Thanks

Probably you want red- and white-flowered bedding plants, of similar,
and probably low, height. Sweet Alison (Lobularia maritima) is a good,
floriferous, white-flowered annual. IIRC, there's white bedding Lobelias
as well. Bedding Salvias include some bright scarlet forms. Or, if
taller plants will do the trick, there's the combination of Lavatera
'Mont Blanc' and Lavatera 'Ruby Regis'.

You'd probably be better inquiring on uk.rec.gardening, where people are
more likely to be familiar with British conditions. Also, let them know
what time of year you're aiming for, and roughly were you are, as that
will constrain your choices.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley