Old 24-08-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Care and Growing for Dendrobium/World Cup #2

I've always wanted to try and grow an orchid. My son just gave me a
Dendrobium
World Cup #2. It is breath taking.
Can someone please tell me how to care for it?
I couldn't find any information when I googled the name that was on the
tag that came with it.
I just couldn't bare it if it dies from improper care.

My Sincere gratitude.

Old 24-08-2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You are aware these things are habit forming? This is an addiction that
can't be cured. You will find advise here but your location is important.
I would also google "dendrobium care" for a start.

Bob

Habit forming? I was innocently watching HGTV last January when they did a
spot on Orchids - I now have 22.

Old 24-08-2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Welcome to the group! There are loads of sites that will provide information
to help you care for your new acquisition. You might want to start with this
one:

www.firstrays.com Go to the 'Free Information' section.

Ray Barkalow is a frequent contributor to this group, and his web site is
full of useful information and is quite user friendly. If you have more
questions, feel free to ask. And by the way, Bob told you the truth - nobody
ends up with just one orchid, LOL! They sneak into your house while you
sleep, and take up residence for life.

Diana

Old 24-08-2006, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Habit forming? I was innocently watching HGTV last January when they did a
spot on Orchids - I now have 22.

Slow poke! G

Diana

Old 25-08-2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:50:13 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Habit forming? I was innocently watching HGTV last January when they did a
spot on Orchids - I now have 22.

Slow poke! G

Diana

Diana -
I think that should be shirker -- I went from 3 to 53 my first weekend
in Orchidholic land.

How is FL doing this fall?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 25-08-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote:
I've always wanted to try and grow an orchid. My son just gave me a
Dendrobium
World Cup #2. It is breath taking.
Can someone please tell me how to care for it?

It is a-- Dend. nobile-- hybrid. Google --Dendrobium nobile-- , and
you should get lots of useful information.

www.carterandholmes has a very good, concise description of their
culture.

Hope this is helpful.

J. Del Col

Old 25-08-2006, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

www.carterandholmes has a very good, concise description of their

I got the link wrong. It doesn't work. So just Google "dendrobium
nobile hybrids"
and there will be info galore.

J. Del Col

Old 25-08-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

http://www.carterandholmes.com/dendronobcare.html (GOOD NOTES)
You just had the .com missing. Here are the culture notes for nobile type
dendrobiums.
I still get keiki's on mine wether I rest them or not.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid