Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mikie

Default Frozen potato plants coming back?

Hi,
Planted in Tucson, AZ,, 2600' elevation. Lost all 24 potato plants
during last frost. I never expected deep frost in Arizona this soon in
the winter. I'm not sure if anybody else didn't as well.

I still water the dead leaf growth above ground. Am I wasting water?
Is there hope?

Next time, four or more inches of straw over ANY questionable planting.
Why I didn't this time when I alwys do? ? Why ask such a question?

Thanks folks, Mike

Old 06-12-2005, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"Mikie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Planted in Tucson, AZ,, 2600' elevation. Lost all 24 potato plants
during last frost. I never expected deep frost in Arizona this soon in
the winter. I'm not sure if anybody else didn't as well.

I still water the dead leaf growth above ground. Am I wasting water?
Is there hope?

Next time, four or more inches of straw over ANY questionable planting.
Why I didn't this time when I alwys do? ? Why ask such a question?

Thanks folks, Mike

Divide the crop into three sections. Experiment with each one. Mulch one,
leave another bare, etc etc etc.... There's a limit to how much advice is
valuable. Sometimes you just have to experiment and find out how YOUR piece
of property behaves.

Old 06-12-2005, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

I would go ahead and give them a chance. I have had mine frosted before and
they always came back and did what they were supposed to.

Dwayne