Old 16-12-2005, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tex John

Default Christmas tree problem... HELP!

Nope...used to work for a forestry company. Pine trees especially like a
trace amount of copper of all things -- not that I'd throw a penny in the
water...or maybe I should!

Point was, chlorine is a natural chemical the tree is used to and a bit more
won't hurt it. Too much would be toxic but I guess in this case that would
just mean that it died faster.

The original poster asked for ideas, not a treatise on a particular
methodology; hence the simplified answer.

High school sophmore, even!

John
Who is staying warm in Houston! When he isn't carrying Christmas trees out
to people's cars and answering questions like this one during a cold
front...

"Gideon" wrote in message
John wrote:
A bit of bleach won't hurt -- plants need trace amounts of chlorine
anyway...notice your sink water hasn't killed anything lately!

=============

So, you will drink Clorox because you have noticed
that sink water hasn't killed anything lately?

Your premise that bleach is called for in this case may
be correct, but the logic upon which you base your opinion
is sophomoric at best.

Old 16-12-2005, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
John Wheeler

The important thing to remember is this is a cut tree (e.g., dead, or
dying), so discussions of how bad chlorine may be for living things is
irrelevant. The chlorine kills the bacteria. Florists put chlorine in the
water of flower arrangements to keep them fresher longer, because it kills
the bacteria, not the already dead flowers. A little chlorine in a
Christmas tree stand doesn't hurt, and usually helps.
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

et...

Old 19-12-2005, 09:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gideon

Once again - premise may be correct, but logic is very faulty.
Didn't I say that the first time?

Old 19-12-2005, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

"Gideon" wrote in message
Once again - premise may be correct, but logic is very faulty.
Didn't I say that the first time?

What does it matter if you can't figure out how to quote so people know WTF
you are talking about?

Old 23-12-2005, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gideon

Learn how to follow a thread, dimwit. It is extremely easy
if you are marginally sentient. If he could get his paws to
work on the keyboard, I believe that even my Doberman
could master that skill.

Yes, de Fragile Warrior, I will have fries with that order.
Thank you, and please don't forget to put paper napkins
in the carryout bag.

==========

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies wrote

Old 23-12-2005, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Gideon" wrote in message
Learn how to follow a thread, dimwit. It is extremely easy
if you are marginally sentient. If he could get his paws to
work on the keyboard, I believe that even my Doberman
could master that skill.

Yes, de Fragile Warrior, I will have fries with that order.
Thank you, and please don't forget to put paper napkins
in the carryout bag.

Oh, look, you went from non-quoting ****wit to top-posting ****nozzle.
When the bar is lowered you can still slither under it. Congrats!