Old 16-01-2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Default No snow

Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

Old 16-01-2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Floyd

Nothing here in Scotland. We were promised the coldest winter in years
but I'm sitting here in a T shirt

Floyd

--
http://www.smellyhound.com

Old 17-01-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jean

Chuckie wrote:
Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

SHHHHHHHHHH.............

Jeananne
zone 5 OH
Old 17-01-2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

And we cant even get any rain here in NW Kansas (but I'm not going to
complain). I have a friend who always said "I hope it stays this way until
February and then gets better".

Dwayne

oups.com...

Old 17-01-2006, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca

Chuckie wrote:
Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

Well, Lassen Peak in Northern Calif. has 10 feet (125 inches)

Of course, no one lives there.

Emilie
NorCal

Old 17-01-2006, 08:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

Thought discussing weather was a very British thing but seems we are
all interested! Here in Yorkshire it's just fairly mild and damp - but
Spring is just round the corner!

Old 17-01-2006, 10:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Randy

On 2006-01-16 17:03:02 -0500, "Chuckie" said:

Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

We got 3 inches in the Hudson Valley of N.Y. 2 days ago. It was 1 above
here yesterday, 10 right now this morning. So far we've lucked out. We
HAVE had a few rain storms that could have easily left 2 feet of snow.

I'm not complaining!

Old 17-01-2006, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Who can complain I am saving a bundle on heating costs.
I heard that in Texas they having a drought that is amazing for this
time of year.
Last year this time most of northern Ohio (my home state) flooded.
The snow melted and all the rivers flooded then the reservoirs couldn't
hold all the water, so it was a mess.
Fortunately for me I do not live in the areas that flooded.
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

Old 17-01-2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lynn

We had amazing mild tempertures this weekend ( 13 C ) and melted all the
snow and felt just like spring. Now the cold weather came back and snow is
back even tho it isn't apparent in my provences capital.
want a quick peek? http://halifaxwebcam.ca/

--
Lynn

oups.com...

Old 17-01-2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir

Chuckie wrote:
Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

We're under a storm warning: up to 30cm (1ft) expected over the next 24
to 36 hours. Wert snow, too, with likelihood of rain in the southern
areas of NE Ontario (ie, approximately us). That'll make for heavy stuff
to get off the driveway.

From the formerly freezing north,

Old 17-01-2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
junkyardcat

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Who can complain I am saving a bundle on heating costs.
I heard that in Texas they having a drought that is amazing for this
time of year.
Last year this time most of northern Ohio (my home state) flooded.
The snow melted and all the rivers flooded then the reservoirs couldn't
hold all the water, so it was a mess.
Fortunately for me I do not live in the areas that flooded.
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

I'm in East Texas, and you're right about the drought. We haven't seen any
significant rain in months and it's starting to get quite painful. My pond
(which looked more like a small lake than a pond) is almost completely dry
now. The temps have been in the 70's and even low 80's a few days...very
unusual for this time of year in Texas. Hoping this year the saying "April
Showers Bring May Flowers" is true...we need the showers badly!!

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Old 17-01-2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Robert

My only complaint is that warm winters always seem to mean that the bugs
will be active in the garden way before I am.

Old 17-01-2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

no snow. since end of dec. zone 5, milwaukee near the lake. Ingrid

"Chuckie" wrote:

Isn't it crazy we are this far into January and I have seen very little
snow.
Right now it is 20F out and there is no snow in the forcast.
The good thing is that I am not outside shoveling snow everyday.
Anybody else have snow?
Chuckie in the undecided north, zone 5

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Old 18-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Registered User

Smile

Robert My only complaint is that warm winters always seem to mean that the bugs
will be active in the garden way before I am.

lol robert u are right on that one. we dont have much in the way of snow here in southeastern ontario either. we did have freezing rain today and then rain not long afterwards but are supposed to maybe get about 10 cm of snow overnight should be one heck of a nice skating rink by tomorrow morning lol.
cyaa, sockiescat.