Old 23-01-2003, 08:23 PM
loonyhiker

Default 5 inches of snow!

Hi all! We had 5 inches of snow that came after 1am today. They cancelled
most schools and businesses here. I felt my camellia bush even shiver as I
walked by her. Tonight it is supposed to get so cold here that the
wind-chill will 10 degrees below zero! brrrrr. Is it warm anywhere? If you
have some warm air, please send some my way! I'm ready to do some gardening.

loony
South Carolina

Old 23-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Philip Lewis

"loonyhiker" writes:
wind-chill will 10 degrees below zero! brrrrr. Is it warm anywhere? If you
have some warm air, please send some my way! I'm ready to do some gardening.

I'm sure some would agree that there are members of this newsgroup
with lots of hot air...

--
be safe.
flip

Old 23-01-2003, 09:07 PM
madgardener

ahhhh you finally got some snow there in South Cackalacky........lol, yeah,
we got 4-5 inches here in Dandridge, west of you just past the I-40 line at
the 81 split. It's been fluctuating between 21o (a heat wave!) to 13o and
we're supposed to get to -2 with the 15-15 mph gusts making the windchill a
dangerous -38 tonight. We have just enough wood to do another night of
frigid temperatures, and I can actually see the perennials pulling tight as
the soil tries to squeeze some of them out of their protective nests. That
would be the newer plantings, as the roots haven't had a year or two to
establish and resist heaving. But at least there is snow cover, Pat, since
the frigid temps would stress your garden worse than no snow and this frigid
temperature you're getting. I keep kavetching about no hellebore buds yet,
but I've been playing with the Paint Shop Pro and the - button to click
past the pictures on my screen saver program, and since it shows me ALL the
pictures I have now taken since May of last late spring and into summer, as
well as the snow pictures I took last week, various blooming tropicals in
the last month and all, it's been uplifting to cruise thru hot pink zinnia's
and then snow rising on pots of sedums like over proofed white dough with
dried stems poking out. Or the new cat experiencing his first snow, and
then pictures of Keebler fudge striped cookies and caramels and caramel corn
in silver cups making little turkeys that my daughter in law made for
Thanksgiving, back to fire engine red zinnia's mingling in with plum striped
Zebrina sisters showing their skirts again for a late bloom in September
with peripheral visions of the cold blowing snow outside the edges of my
eyes thru the nook window where the icy fingers of the outside slip in thru
the uninsulated cracks.

Good day for reflections, pictures of last years flowers, good music in the
background (WNCW.org) and hot raspberry tea.

Keep warm, Loony, crocus will be poking up soon, even though the snow!
madgardener enjoying a true winter for the first time in years up on the
powdery snow covered ridge, back in fairy holler (the fairies are tucked in
under the leaves and snow adn refuse to come out, let the snow fairy and the
ice elf tromp around with their blue feet and hands, it's nap time for the
others) overlooking a beautifully textural English Mountain in Eastern
Tennessee

Old 24-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Sed5555

I would gladly exchange our warm "Chinook" winds for your 5" of snow. We in
Colorado are desperate for moisture.
sed5555

Old 24-01-2003, 04:39 AM
Zeuspaul

loonyhiker wrote:

Hi all! We had 5 inches of snow that came after 1am today. They cancelled
most schools and businesses here. I felt my camellia bush even shiver as I
walked by her. Tonight it is supposed to get so cold here that the
wind-chill will 10 degrees below zero! brrrrr. Is it warm anywhere? If you
have some warm air, please send some my way! I'm ready to do some gardening.

loony
South Carolina

The nights are rather chilly here in north county San Diego....low
forties.....brrrr However the days are a bit on the warm side. I prefer the
high sixties to low seventies. It looks like we will see eighty this
weekend...probably just for an hour or two at mid day and then it should cool
down again.

Here is the forecast.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog with visibility less than one
quarter mile at times. Lows in the low 40s to low 50s.

Friday
Mostly sunny. Patchy fog with visibility less than one
quarter mile at times in the morning then haze in the
afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s to near 80.

Friday Night
Mostly clear. Patchy fog with visibility less than one
quarter mile at times. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s to lower 80s.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the 40s.

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s to mid 80s.

Old 24-01-2003, 06:03 AM
zhanataya

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 04:39:14 GMT, Zeuspaul
wrote:

[...]

You're now at the top of my slap list son. I'm so jealous.

zhan
Old 24-01-2003, 09:42 AM
samuel l crowe

"loonyhiker" wrote in message
Hi all! We had 5 inches of snow that came after 1am today. They cancelled
most schools and businesses here. I felt my camellia bush even shiver as I
walked by her. Tonight it is supposed to get so cold here that the
wind-chill will 10 degrees below zero! brrrrr. Is it warm anywhere? If you
have some warm air, please send some my way! I'm ready to do some

gardening.

loony
South Carolina

We got maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch and that was gone by midafternoon.

Just came in from checking on the heat in my hoop house. all is ok there.

Tempature at 4:30 am is 18 degrees, wind chill 1 degree, thats cold.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

Old 24-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Iris Cohen

We have had over 90 inches so far. The nearby city of Oswego has a snowpile 75
feet high
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885

Old 24-01-2003, 05:17 PM
madgard

would that I could, after living 5 years in arid Colorado, I can only
imagine how dry it is now with the on going drought conditions you've had
the last year plus............but sadly Mom's Nature doesn't turn the
weather patterns around from East to West.............
madgardener

Old 24-01-2003, 05:19 PM
madgard

You're now at the top of my slap list son. I'm so jealous.

zhan

no, I'm cutting line and slapping him first.................maddie

Old 24-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Tracey

You're now at the top of my slap list son. I'm so jealous.

Well, I'm glad I didn't chime in with our forecast.

Tracey

Old 24-01-2003, 06:11 PM
zhanataya

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:27:27 GMT, Tracey wrote:

You're now at the top of my slap list son. I'm so jealous.

Well, I'm glad I didn't chime in with our forecast.

Tracey

LOL. Live dangerously. Go for it.

zhan
Old 24-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Tracey

LOL. Live dangerously. Go for it.

I'm living in Hawaii now. Need I say more?

Tracey