Old 18-01-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
loonyhiker

Default gardening novels

Just found out about Nora Roberts new "In the Garden" trilogy.
-Blue Dahlia
-Black Rose
-Red Lily

Nice to have gardening mixed in with romance! It is making me wish that
spring was here and I can't wait to get my hands in some good ol' dirt!

Old 18-01-2006, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Valkyrie

I just finished the last of the trilogy........good reading for a rainy day
or "beach book", I enjoyed them.

Val

Old 18-01-2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
cardarch

I found this cornicopia but havent examined it yet. Gosh!
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...226055382.html

Old 18-01-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir

cardarch wrote:
I wonder are there any mysteries that focus on Gardening?

[...]

There's a TV series called Rosemary & Thyme -- I haven't noted the
author of the books on which it's based.

HTH

Old 18-01-2006, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Valkyrie

The mystery of what's wandering through the gardens and house is pretty good
in this trilogy

Val

oups.com...

Old 18-01-2006, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Wolf Kirchmeir contains these words:

There's a TV series called Rosemary & Thyme -- I haven't noted the
author of the books on which it's based.

It isn't based on books; it's purely a TV production.

Janet.
Old 19-01-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

One of my favorite authors is Susan Wittig Albert and she writes
mystery novels and is the owner of a herb shop in a small town in
Texas. Some info:

The China Bayles Mystery Series

Thyme of Death (1992) --China's first adventure. A friend dies--murder
or suicide?

Witches' Bane (1993) --China and Ruby discover that the supernatural
isn't funny.

Hangman's Root (1994) --Animal rights, academic politics, and
murder--a potent mix.

Rosemary Remembered (1995) --Who remembers the victims of crime?

Rueful Death (1996) --Grace, forgiveness, and the mystery of
community.

Love Lies Bleeding (1997) --China learns a tough lesson in love.

Chile Death (1998) --Hot stuff, folks! (Funny, too)

Lavender Lies (1999) --Mystery, murder, and a wet 'n' wild wedding

Mistletoe Man (2000) --What's Christmas without mistletoe? What's life
without Ruby? Join China as she faces both of these difficult
questions.

- from the official China Bayles website:
http://www.mysterypartners.com

Old 19-01-2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Wolf Kirchmeir contains these words:

There's a TV series called Rosemary & Thyme -- I haven't noted the
author of the books on which it's based.

It isn't based on books; it's purely a TV production.

Janet.

Ok, maybe that's why I didn't note the author... :-)

Old 12-02-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
frogfog

garsh, i sure hope nora did a bit more research than the average writer who
throws plants into their books into areas where they cannot possibly grow!!
it bugs me when an "esteemed and noted" author writes about flowers and
trees which never have (and prolly never will) grow in the areas which they
are basing their books upon.
and those who give an email address to write them and tell them how much you
LOVED (snarl of lip here) their books, i write them and ask them....how come
you didn't do any research into the botany of the area OR why did you bother
mentioning these plants at all??? you could have just said something like,
"John tenderly lay Gloria against the tree which had falled due to last
season's wind storms" etc etc)
WHY did the author have to write:
"John lifted Gloria up to the first limb of the River Beech tree and as she
sat there, kicking her legs back and forth, as if she were on a swing, John
took a small branch of the short, stubby leaves of the tree and fanned her
face".......etc., etc.
EXCUSE ME??? short stubby leaves?? on a river beech????? OH!! and i
forgot----the scene is supposedly taking place in Key West, Florida....i
think not.

it's like all those TONS of movies which show jungles or forests of trees
which NEVER co-exist together....almost everyone knows they are just potted
trees stuck together in a sound stage.

WAIT!!! before you say, "who gives a sh(*t?"

I DO...!!!!!!!!!!
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

From: "loonyhiker"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:56:09 -0800
Subject: gardening novels

Just found out about Nora Roberts new "In the Garden" trilogy.
-Blue Dahlia
-Black Rose
-Red Lily

Nice to have gardening mixed in with romance! It is making me wish that
spring was here and I can't wait to get my hands in some good ol' dirt!

[IMG] code is On

Arthur James Fiction – 3 Novels - Free AJ United Kingdom 0 04-07-2009 05:43 PM
B5 Novels- Psi Corps Trilogy David E. Powell Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:18 PM
orchids in novels J Fortuna Orchids 13 25-09-2005 07:11 PM
Orchids in novels Chris Savas Orchids 2 23-09-2005 07:16 PM
Gardening in the media -- was: big gardening magazines Frogleg Gardening 4 06-09-2003 03:02 PM