Old 23-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Chris Savas

Default Orchids in novels

Granted, there are many mentions of orchids in print, TV, etc.

When I was a child during the '30s, there was a comic strip in the Sunday
Chicago Tribune. The title was 'Brenda Starr' who was a newspaper reporter.
Another character in the strip was a mysterious man (an admirerer?) who grew
BLACK ORCHIDS.

Anyone else remember that long ago (or care to admit it) ?

I had to wait until I was almost 30 yrs before I got my first orchid, but so
far I have NOT found that BLACK catt.

Good growing, all.
Chris
Old 23-09-2005, 12:56 PM
jadel

Chris Savas wrote:
Granted, there are many mentions of orchids in print, TV, etc.

When I was a child during the '30s, there was a comic strip in the Sunday
Chicago Tribune. The title was 'Brenda Starr' who was a newspaper reporter.
Another character in the strip was a mysterious man (an admirerer?) who grew
BLACK ORCHIDS.

The character was Ms Starr's lover, Basil St John. He needed the
orchids to produce a serum for protection against some unspecified
exotic disease.

He wore an eye-patch, IIRC.

J. Del Col

Old 23-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Diana Kulaga

I was in love with him! He used to drop in and out of her life. Humph. Like
some other men I've known.....

Diana

Arthur James Fiction – 3 Novels - Free AJ United Kingdom 0 04-07-2009 05:43 PM
B5 Novels- Psi Corps Trilogy David E. Powell Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:18 PM
gardening novels loonyhiker Gardening 9 12-02-2006 09:03 PM
orchids in novels J Fortuna Orchids 13 25-09-2005 07:11 PM
growing orchids outside = burned orchids? Lil Orchids 5 18-07-2003 04:52 PM