Old 19-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Shelly

Default Crocuses!!

....only the rich or the obsessed
plant hundreds and hundreds of bulbs in one year - and now that my knees

are
starting to show the beginning signs of arthritis, I'm not going to be
joining them......
"Mark" wrote in message

.... I guess I will have to be counted among the obsessed, then ("rich" sure
can't be used to explain me - I got a good bulk special on them, though).
Planted about 120 in my itsy-bitsy little 10' by 30' front lawn last fall,
and OUCH! did it ever hurt!

....Now I just hope the show in a few weeks is all worth it.

Old 21-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Ann

(paghat) expounded:

Crocus etruscus "Zwanenburg"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusetruscus.htm

Returns a 404 error as does

Crocus sieberi atticus "Firefly"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusfirefly.htm

The rest are lovely!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 21-02-2003, 04:15 PM
paghat

http://www.paghat.com/crocusetruscus.html

Returns a 404 error as does

Crocus sieberi atticus "Firefly"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusfirefly.html

Now the links will get there. I typoed html as htm in the post, sorry.

-paghat the ratgirl

The rest are lovely!

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 28-02-2003, 07:39 PM
paghat

In article ,
(paghat) wrote:

I finally got round to putting up several crocus pages, with others
forthcoming as I get passable photos for each drift:

Crocus chrysanthus "Fuscotinctus"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusfuscotinctus.html

Crocus etruscus "Zwanenburg"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusetruscus.html

Crocus laevigatus var fontenayi
http://www.paghat.com/wintercrocus.html

Crocus x luteus "Stellaris"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusstellaris.html

Crocus niveus "Bowles" white
http://www.paghat.com/crocusniveus.html

Snow Crocuses
http://www.paghat.com/snowcrocus.html

Crocus sieberi atticus "Firefly"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusfirefly.html

Crocus speciosus
http://www.paghat.com/autumncrocus.html

I added a second photograph to the "Zwanenburg" page, & just put up pages
for the following crocuses:

C. korolkowii "Kiss of Spring"
http://www.paghat.com/crocuskorolkowii.html

C. tommasinianus
http://www.paghat.com/crocustommasinianus.html

C. chrysanthus "Cream Beauty"
http://www.paghat.com/crocuscreambeauty.html

C. chrystanthus "Prince Claus"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusprinceclaus.html

I have just enjoyed the hell out of watching all these!

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 01-03-2003, 02:15 PM

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:42:07 -0700,
(paghat) wrote:
I added a second photograph to the "Zwanenburg" page, & just put up pages
for the following crocuses:

C. korolkowii "Kiss of Spring"
http://www.paghat.com/crocuskorolkowii.html

C. tommasinianus
http://www.paghat.com/crocustommasinianus.html

C. chrysanthus "Cream Beauty"
http://www.paghat.com/crocuscreambeauty.html

C. chrystanthus "Prince Claus"
http://www.paghat.com/crocusprinceclaus.html

I have just enjoyed the hell out of watching all these!

-paghat the ratgirl

Great pictures and descriptions, paghat. I planted some Cream
Beauties last fall and I'm looking forward to seeing them soon.

Swyck

Old 02-03-2003, 12:39 PM
loonyhiker

Thanks for shring these. I really enjoyed them!

loony

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(paghat) wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

crocuses martin United Kingdom 2 10-03-2004 11:47 PM
crocuses martin United Kingdom 0 10-03-2004 11:44 PM
Question on Crocus The first crocuses!!! Frank Gardening 4 20-02-2004 11:49 AM
Crocuses crocuses crocuses paghat Gardening 5 12-02-2004 03:12 AM
Why are My Crocuses growing ? Kate Morgan United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 10:33 PM