Old 20-03-2003, 12:20 PM
madgard

Default for a brief moment

for a brief moment I am taking a breather. The trucks at the Lowes I'm
working with are coming hard and furious, the sun is blistering me skin,
we're about to close on the refinancing of our house to pay off the IRS
TOMORROW, there are a total of TEN family member birthdays this month and I
ain't sent the first card which ain't like me and one is my oldest son, one
is my sweet MIL and the other is my biological mother..........assorted
family and extended family in between and I have passed myself twice out in
the gardens! And I've already gotten behind by five of them already!! oy vey

My next day off is Sunday, and not again until Wednesday and they have me
scheduled 8-5 Sat thru Fri next week so let the games begin! Or maybe that
should be release the hounds!! I feel more than my age with my overweight
body, the concrete on abused feet (even wearing the New Balance shoes
someone so lovingly gifted me with during their visit, g) pushing the
loaded carts across a super Lowes nursery to then unload after putting
everything in on the scanner........and I am still in training. Not to
mention anyone who sees a red vest automatically assumes that they know
where everything is, we know everything about everything and if I'm in the
nursery, I must know all about grass seed, fertilizers, dog kennels, fences,
ponds, pavers, plumbing, and where are them special impatients we're gonna
carry? Never mind that it's still just the 20th of March and the perennials
we've gotten in are early (well the phlox and iberis and hens and chicks and
dianthus aren't too early, but the scabiosa, salvia, yarrow and leapords
bane ARE too early for here, despite the temperatures.

I was so tired today when I got off work, I came home and planted all the
daylilies I divided and potted up last year and wintered over in the broken
BBQ...................I'm a glutton for punishment.

so bear with me. I am still taking silly spring pictures of each flower, and
I'm still looking into each face and sighing with pleasure and getting
goosebumps over each and every little one.........I will catch you all up on
the fairies doin's hopefully Saturday or Sunday morning.

thanks for your patience.......at this point I'll even take rainy, cloudy
days! g I can work in rain better than scorching sun. I haven't located
a new source for the sunblock BullFrog I use yet G
madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler where things are bursting
outa the ground, leaping out of twigs and stems and exploding in places I
have forgotten about thru the winter, overlooking a greening up English
Mountain in EAstern Tennessee zone 6b, Sunset zone 36

Old 20-03-2003, 11:08 PM

Madgard......
How do you work at Lowe's???
My goodness, if I got to see everything that came through that place before
it got broken I would owe them an arm and a leg!!
I bet you are good at that job! :-))
More power to ya!!! Hang in there! You go girl!!!!!!!!
Susie (in Ohio)....

Old 21-03-2003, 02:08 AM
madgardener

wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Madgard......
How do you work at Lowe's???
My goodness, if I got to see everything that came through that place

before
it got broken I would owe them an arm and a leg!!
I bet you are good at that job! :-))
More power to ya!!! Hang in there! You go girl!!!!!!!!
Susie (in Ohio)....

let me tell you, it ain't easy, Susie.............I've already bought three
reduced fake clay pots, a reduced fountain goddess, a pink dogwood, two pots
of tricolored sedums, three reduced to 25c pots of white tulips I KNOW won't
come back for me.......I'm eyeballing the hyacinths now............and we
got in 650 trees today of which there were 350
dogwoods..........................and Yoshino cherries, redbuds, granny
smith apples, twisted filberts..............oy vey, there WON'T BE A
PAYCHECK!!!!!!!!!! (actually there has to be for a bit, but there will be
bargains.........GBSEG)
maddie thanks! Susie