Old 25-03-2003, 11:08 PM
HI HI-

Default weeds?

is there a good way to get rid of weeds in the lawn without killing or =
browning the grass and trees, bushes etc? im looking for a way that =
works. i dont want to have to pay hundreds of dollars a year to have =
some professional do this. is there any way?
thanks

__________________
Starting at the bottom is one thing.=20
Staying there is another.=20

Old 26-03-2003, 05:20 AM
B & J

"Jenrose" wrote in message
I like my way better.

I plant dandelions and cultivate the moss.

If I want 'em, they're not weeds.

Jenrose

You do your thing, and I'll do mine. BTW, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.
:-) I do like moss though.

John

Old 26-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Jenrose

"B & J" wrote in message
"Jenrose" wrote in message
I like my way better.

I plant dandelions and cultivate the moss.

If I want 'em, they're not weeds.

Jenrose

You do your thing, and I'll do mine. BTW, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.
:-) I do like moss though.

John

I've never understood the whole anti-moss thing. My dad has moss in his
front yard and it is SO much softer and prettier than the grass most people
grow. Doesn't need mowing as often, either, and requires somewhat less water
to stay green.

I sort of like the look of moss on roofs though, even if I don't like what
the moss *does* to the roof. Wish there was a way to make a roof that could
grow moss without deteriorating...lol!

I don't usually go out of my way to plant dandelions--they do such a good
job of it themselves. But I do occasionally cook up the greens or tincture
the roots--very nutritous! Plaintain (another common weed) is a great
healing herb, and red clover is tonic.

I have very little use for grass, though. Nasty stuff. I'm horribly
allergic.

Jenrose

Old 26-03-2003, 06:56 AM
jammer

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:42:25 -0800, "Jenrose"
wrote:

I've never understood the whole anti-moss thing. My dad has moss in his
front yard and it is SO much softer and prettier than the grass most people
grow. Doesn't need mowing as often, either, and requires somewhat less water
to stay green...

Feels real good on bare feet, too.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 27-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:34:13 -0600, Bill Seurer
wrote:

oldal4865 wrote:
It's bothersome the first year, but after you knock down the initial crop,
you can get by with greatly reduced maintenance spraying in subsequent
years. The hand sprayer seems like a lot of trouble but it's faster than
you think, especially in later years.

Hand digging the weeds works the same and is about as effective.

Respectfully disagree. With regard to dandelions, at least, with which
I have extensive experience. While a few new plants always appear from
airborne seeds, individual treatment with a broadleaf weedkiller was a
*far* superior control to my work with a digger and frequent curses as
I popped out a weed with the bottom of the root missing. The remianing
root tip often forms a colony of descendents within one season.

Old 28-03-2003, 12:08 PM
HI HI-

when you say hand weeding is this pulling them up by hand? i do that =
yet they seem to be popping up all over the place now...

"Pam" wrote in message =
=20
=20
HI HI- wrote:
=20
is there a good way to get rid of weeds in the lawn without killing =

or browning the grass and trees, bushes etc? im looking for a way that =
works. i dont want to have to pay hundreds of dollars a year to have =
some professional do this. is there any way?
thanks

=20
Yes, it's called hand weeding and combined with good lawn management, =

it is the best and most ecologically sound way to control weed problems.
=20
pam - gardengal
=20

[IMG] code is On

I need advice on this difficulty. Weeds weeds weeds. Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 18-07-2005 09:45 PM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? Jay Chan Gardening 56 18-07-2004 06:02 AM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? possibly OT Salty Thumb Gardening 0 22-06-2004 11:04 PM
weeds? Pam Gardening 16 25-03-2003 03:20 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM